33 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
JonnyShogun says

I think you should stop interpreting what Envato email support say, and instead post exact words in another thread so we can make determination for ourselves. Otherwise, this issue is solely your own and not an issue the rest of us need to worry about.
You are wrong.. Like i said im waiting for JAPH to reply with clarification :)

Think you might need to read them again, directly from the guidelines page:

Functionality not related to the customisation of visual aspects of a theme must be added via plugins as much as possible. For example:

Allowed in theme:

• Theme options frameworks
  • Page builders
    Must be in plugin:
  • Custom Post Types
  • Shortcodes

You should read the previous comments. I know what the guidelines pages says.. but Envato support is saying different when you email them about it. So that is why JAPH is going to clarify with Envato Support and the Review team about the differences of the guidelines page, forum, and what we hear back when we contact Envato support.. JAPH should be posting here soon hopefully with clarification.

1594 posts Chris Robinson
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
contempoinc says

I think you should stop interpreting what Envato email support say, and instead post exact words in another thread so we can make determination for ourselves. Otherwise, this issue is solely your own and not an issue the rest of us need to worry about.
You are wrong.. Like i said im waiting for JAPH to reply with clarification :)

Think you might need to read them again, directly from the guidelines page:

Functionality not related to the customisation of visual aspects of a theme must be added via plugins as much as possible. For example:

Allowed in theme:

• Theme options frameworks
  • Page builders
    Must be in plugin:
  • Custom Post Types
  • Shortcodes
You should read the previous comments. I know what the guidelines pages says.. but Envato support is saying different when you email them about it. So that is why JAPH is going to clarify with Envato Support and the Review team about the differences of the guidelines page, forum, and what we hear back when we contact Envato support.. JAPH should be posting here soon hopefully with clarification.

Honestly think you’re stressing for no reason. It really doesn’t matter what all these different confused support staff are telling you, the newly posted req’s are correct.

33 posts
JonnyShogun says

Honestly think you’re stressing for no reason. It really doesn’t matter what all these different confused support staff are telling you, the newly posted req’s are correct.

Not stressed, just waiting on JAPH’s reply for clarification :)

32 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
mimo says

Hi all, have read the closed thread about new requirements and really don’t know if this is the place to continue the discussion, sorry if not.

My opinion is that always is good to make comparisons.

Is this case of new requirements as if we tell IOS developers that now all of their apps need to work ok in all of those android 20$ less mobiles? so if the user decides to change their iphones and get and android one?

Or the thing is that we all are using android(wordpress) and if we need another thing we wiil need to start a new wordpress like cms(IOS) just to have our own standards?

For me each Themeforest item, secially kriesi and advanced ones, was a complete IOS and wp.org was Android, but who can tell me the future?

Best Regards to everybody

108 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
designedbydash says

I really don’t see what clarification you need. It’s written in black and white on the requirements page.

20 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
teamCrisis says

I really don’t see what clarification you need. It’s written in black and white on the requirements page.

He will simply reply back and say “support told me” and probably do it in big bold letters too, as that what he keeps doing. But he offer no exact quote from support about it.

He doesn’t seem to understand what all of us are trying to tell him. That is, to ignore support email – whether it is a misunderstanding or simply wrong info – and to use requirement page since Japh state that it’s up to date and factual.

33 posts
JonnyShogun says

you didn’t read my previous comments, before your 2 cents:

If you look on the requirements page under PHASE 2. It says it is only a DRAFT, and subject to feedback So it being a DRAFT, meaning that ENVATO SUPPORT is still sketching all the details out regarding PHASE 2.

I emailed ENVATO SUPPORT, if option pages need to go into a plugin since in their DRAFT it says Theme Option Frameworks. After several emails back and forth with support and the review team, they were telling me different from what was on the guidelines page. ENVATO SUPPORT told me that ANY additions and functionality to the theme will have to be refactored as plugin, that is not core. But that’s not until Phase 2 in November. So i contacted ENVATO SUPPORT to re-clarify and they checked with the review team again, and said the same thing. So after several days and several emails back and forth. I posted in this forum to ask JAPH regarding the confusion on how the requirements page show something different than what ENVATO SUPPORT tells you when you email SUPPORT. So JAPH asked me for my support ticket ID, (which i gave him). And he said he will look into clarifying with the support team about the differences of the requirements page, versus what Envato Support tell you.. so there is no confusion.

So the PHASE 2 guidelines are still a DRAFT and subject to change based on feedback. :)

632 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
UBLThemes says

Hi all, have read the closed thread about new requirements and really don’t know if this is the place to continue the discussion, sorry if not.

My opinion is that always is good to make comparisons.

Is this case of new requirements as if we tell IOS developers that now all of their apps need to work ok in all of those android 20$ less mobiles? so if the user decides to change their iphones and get and android one?

Or the thing is that we all are using android(wordpress) and if we need another thing we wiil need to start a new wordpress like cms(IOS) just to have our own standards?

For me each Themeforest item, secially kriesi and advanced ones, was a complete IOS and wp.org was Android, but who can tell me the future?

Best Regards to everybody

I kinda agree with this.

I dont think people buy a ford and when they later buy a renault really think that the wheels are going to fit on it from the ford etc etc.

The way I see it:

As long as all author A’s themes work in coherence with all of author A themes, it should not matter if they do not work on Author b, c, d etc etc

But i do agree that meta data should easily be accessible, but I do not agree with it working on the frontend.

From now on, all our themes will be coherent with each other so that if a user buys one of our themes and later buys another the user will integrate easily.

No theme on here will ever work 100% with everyone elses themes, just for the simple fact everyone codes differently and everyone uses different functions, post types and meta data.

316 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+2 more
SyamilMJ says

We can create a new CMS

108 posts
+4 more
designedbydash says

you didn’t read my previous comments, before your 2 cents:

If you look on the requirements page under PHASE 2. It says it is only a DRAFT, and subject to feedback So it being a DRAFT, meaning that ENVATO SUPPORT is still sketching all the details out regarding PHASE 2.

I emailed ENVATO SUPPORT, if option pages need to go into a plugin since in their DRAFT it says Theme Option Frameworks. After several emails back and forth with support and the review team, they were telling me different from what was on the guidelines page. ENVATO SUPPORT told me that ANY additions and functionality to the theme will have to be refactored as plugin, that is not core. But that’s not until Phase 2 in November. So i contacted ENVATO SUPPORT to re-clarify and they checked with the review team again, and said the same thing. So after several days and several emails back and forth. I posted in this forum to ask JAPH regarding the confusion on how the requirements page show something different than what ENVATO SUPPORT tells you when you email SUPPORT. So JAPH asked me for my support ticket ID, (which i gave him). And he said he will look into clarifying with the support team about the differences of the requirements page, versus what Envato Support tell you.. so there is no confusion.

So the PHASE 2 guidelines are still a DRAFT and subject to change based on feedback. :)

I’d say with 99% certainty that theme options will obviously be in the theme. Clue is in the name, and as they only affect our own theme’s characteristics it’d be illogical to put them in a plugin.

by
by
by
by
by
by