27 posts
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+2 more
alaja says

I have created a plugin that authors are free to use alongside Theme-Check, called ThemeForest-Check. This plugin removes checks from Theme-Check that aren’t required in a ThemeForest context, including the errors that Theme-Check shows for the TGM Plugin Activation class, for add_menu_page, etc.

I’d welcome any feedback, and my goal is to try and make this a good indication of how your theme matches up to the current requirements.

It’s not a guarantee of approval, just as using Theme-Check isn’t, but hopefully it’ll just make the checks for Theme-Check more accurately reflect ThemeForest’s requirements where they differ from those of WordPress.org.

Thank you for that, as the Theme-check isn’t really improved over time and seems frozen in development, while wordpress code already take a several steps forward. Is there any GIT/GITHub/SVN or forum thread for ThemeForest-Check to point the errors, post the bug fixes/commits and make the plugin code is up-to-date?

Just want to note as Reviewer’s team is so tied to theme-check in the approval process, the BIG require here is to make the theme-check tied to the current WP code (and TF standards as addition).

3 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Located in Australia Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Tixylix says

If I use Advanced Custom Fields (ACF) as an options framework; is that okay? Where can I viewed allowed frameworks etc.

Also, will TGMPA let me include a ZIP file of my slider plugin with my theme upload and then automatically install/activate it?

3 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Located in Australia Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Tixylix says

Also; given we now have to create plugins; can I sell those plugins on CodeCanyon separately in addition to including them in my themes?

78 posts
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+2 more
adiacone says

The answer is yes, I did this recently: I first launched a plugin on CodeCanyon, then bundled it with my latest theme.

Also; given we now have to create plugins; can I sell those plugins on CodeCanyon separately in addition to including them in my themes?
61 posts StrictThemes
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+3 more
StrictThemes says
Functionality must be added via plugins as much as possible

Does it mean that the recommended plugins must meet Envato requirements?

e.g. if a some shortcodes plugin or framework plugin do not meet Envato requirements. Is that Ok?

Please, clarify.

497 posts uouapps
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year Has referred 10+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
uouapps says

Had some free time today, here’s the complete plugin install/update class github repo and a video showing how it works Japh, please let us know if we can use it instead of the TGM activation class.
Great job @bitfade !! Hopefully JAPH gives this the OK. It looks much cleaner than the TGM activation class. :)
I have theme soft rejected right now for not using TGM, i think they made decision.
As the new requirements don’t come in to affect until September, I find that unlikely. If you were using another class to activate plugins on install, it’s likely because they were not up to scratch. I doubt they’ve reviewed BitFade’s implementation yet!
My themes were soft rejected for not using the TGM class even before the rules were announced. The reviewers have quietly been pushing this long before the announcement.

Same thing here, our vCard received 3 soft rejections + there’s currently no documentation to stick to for the month of August, it’s really becoming annoying September is in more than a month, we have salaries to pay here to developers and graphic designers so we need concrete references for the month of August because this is impacting the workflow of our 7 projects in the pipeline that should be released within the month of August.

Envato Staff, could you please revert.

497 posts uouapps
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year Has referred 10+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
uouapps says

our WP theme has been rejected because of the following function:

1.If incorporated into the theme, custom template ?les are required to be called using get_template_part() or locate_template()

this requirement is supposed to take place in September not now, so can this be abolished for the month of August. as it’s impacting our workflow.

Kind Regards UOU Apps

1748 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

Why using your time to comment about it when you can fix it in like 5 minutes and use the WP standards? get_template_part instead of require or include isn’t a thing that should be applied from september, but only the thing with functionality in plugins

497 posts uouapps
+3 more
uouapps says

Why using your time to comment about it when you can fix it in like 5 minutes and use the WP standards? get_template_part instead of require or include isn’t a thing that should be applied from september, but only the thing with functionality in plugins

Hi thanks for your proposition, the fact that we had to follow the reviewer’s instruction in converting it into WP native menu took developers a week because it had many collateral effects on the code + it affected the UX because of the content loading from a menu to another (I like it smooth without having the page reloading so it required more javascript and a different structure of the coding) now this get_template_part apparently is annoying because we’re not sure if the reviewer means to change this function <?php require_once ‘*’; ?>

from another hand as mentioned above we currently have 7 projects in the pipeline to be submitted during these days and August, our biggest project is Glocal the directory which has been converted from HTML to WP but if all new requirements will take place then this means that we need another month to get it done (if we’re lucky) and as far as there are no guidelines for the month of August then we’re stock because our entire workflow has been impacted

therefore we would appreciate if Envato Staff could send us the current requirements for August

1748 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

you should really apply quality, not quantity in your workflow. If you’re not able to do 7 projects on the WP standards, do less. Quality > quantity

by
by
by
by
by
by