• Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Jordan
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
uouapps says

you should really apply quality, not quantity in your workflow. If you’re not able to do 7 projects on the WP standards, do less. Quality > quantity

Thanks for your advice, i appreciate it but not complying with the new requirements of TF has nothing to do with quality, everyone likes our designs and our templates. All vcards on WP themes do not have WP native menu integrated but they’re for most of them high quality themes, so is ours.

In any case the issue right now is to understand what are the acceptable requirements of TF for the month of August so that we can publish our projects in peace.

Cheers UOU Apps

279 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
PrimaThemes says

Thanks for your advice, i appreciate it but not complying with the new requirements of TF has nothing to do with quality, everyone likes our designs and our templates. All vcards on WP themes do not have WP native menu integrated but they’re for most of them high quality themes, so is ours.

In any case the issue right now is to understand what are the acceptable requirements of TF for the month of August so that we can publish our projects in peace.

Cheers UOU Apps

Hi UOU Apps,

Using get_template_part and native WP menu are not new requirements, in fact they are old requirement. It gets more attention now because Envato put all requirements on one page, so all requirements look new for some of us.

Using get_template_part for template files is a must because it makes your theme support child theme in WordPress. You can still use include_once function to include your files that related to theme functions that designed not to be override on child theme.

I think it is about you, how to deal with this situation. If the main menu in your vcard theme is not possible for using native WP menu, then don’t use it, leave it like that. You only need to put another wp native menu, for example to create an inline footer menu, then you will pass current requirement.

378 posts uouapps
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Jordan
uouapps says

Cheers UOU Apps

Hi UOU Apps,

Using get_template_part and native WP menu are not new requirements, in fact they are old requirement. It gets more attention now because Envato put all requirements on one page, so all requirements look new for some of us.

Using get_template_part for template files is a must because it makes your theme support child theme in WordPress. You can still use include_once function to include your files that related to theme functions that designed not to be override on child theme.

I think it is about you, how to deal with this situation. If the main menu in your vcard theme is not possible for using native WP menu, then don’t use it, leave it like that. You only need to put another wp native menu, for example to create an inline footer menu, then you will pass current requirement.

Hi PrimaThemes,

Thank you very much for your guidance & support, it’s very much appreciated, I have forwarded your advice to the developers, hopefully they make it through,

Thanks again Cheers & Greetings

UOU Apps

366 posts WordPress Guy
  • Envato Staff
  • Australia
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Reviewer
+1 more
Japh Staff says

Hey everyone, just letting you know I’ve been swamped with other things, but I haven’t forgotten you. This thread grows at an amazing pace!

I’ll be aiming to respond to your questions within the next week. Thanks for being so patient!

99 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
subsolar says

A short question from me.

Does moving the functionality to plugins means that now a third party plugins like Flexslider 2 can be used with the TGM Activator? Although relying on them can be a little troublesome.

279 posts
  • Exclusive Author
PrimaThemes says

A short question from me. Does moving the functionality to plugins means that now a third party plugins like Flexslider 2 can be used with the TGM Activator? Although relying on them can be a little troublesome.

TGM Activation Class support all free plugins from WordPress Repository http://wordpress.org/plugins/ and also Pre-Packaged plugins. If you talk about a third party plugin that is not on WordPress Repository, it means that you need “in stock” license OR permission/agreement from the plugin author to include the plugin as Pre-Packaged plugin in your theme.

79 posts
  • Croatia
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
Markic says

I have a suggestion.

So, according to new Submission Requirements, functionalities such as widgets, CPT, shortcodes etc. should come as seperate plugins. By doing this, users will be able to preserve their data after switching from one theme to another. However, since there are hundreds of different plugins for each functionality, most of the time user wont be able to just install their new theme and use old data right away.

So, here’s my suggestion. Envato (as an authoroty) posts a public list of most common or endorsed plugins and authors make their theme compatible with those plugins. That way, when user switches from one theme to another, he/she can not only keep their data, but they can start using it right away. And authors can focus on creating themes, instead of constantly reasearching the market to comply their themes for every slightly popular plugin out there.

And yeah, that way we can avoid authors who participate in “who can support more plugins” competition and therefore overblow their themes with templates and css code, as we all know, this is bound to happen.

1581 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
+2 more
FinalDestiny says

Get the buyer badge before commenting anything about the items here. Thank you.

79 posts
  • Croatia
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
Markic says

Get the buyer badge before commenting anything about the items here. Thank you.

I work for a company that has an official account here and has sold and bought many items on TF. This is my private account which I use for expressing my personal oppinion. I’m more than familiar with this subject.

1581 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
+2 more
FinalDestiny says

Then please post your opinions with this account, not with a clone. It really doesn’t help us getting feedback from users that have no buyer badge yet complain most of the time(I’ve seen a few cases).

by
by
by
by
by
by