490 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
wopethemes says

Must be in plugin: - Custom Post Types - Shortcodes

So 99% of authors will create a new plugin like theme XXX functions plugin. Some will need to change alot from their framework and some will build a new framework .

We’re wasting alot of time for no good reason otherwise for new envato rule . I’m sure it’s not a good move.

1645 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
dnp_theme says

I disagree moving widgets and cpt to plugins, they won’t work as standalone and never will be offered as such. Shortcodes can go to plugin, no problemo.

1277 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
fuelthemes says

I disagree moving widgets and cpt to plugins, they won’t work as standalone and never will be offered as such. Shortcodes can go to plugin, no problemo.

Shortcodes will work, but that would mean additional css and js files inside the plugin.

• Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
dnp_theme says

In any case, we are talkin about hundreds of good selling items and a ton of rework for each and every item. I only have 2 items but I don’t think I’m gonna do this mass rework. I am way too busy with other stuff and updates.

3249 posts Nice Guy
  • Forum Superstar
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Won a Competition
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
RubenBristian says

Shortcodes will work, but that would mean additional css and js files inside the plugin.

Not necessarily… You can disable the loading of extra css/js files when the theme is active, so you load only the custom styles for your own shortcodes. Then, when the user deactivates the theme, the default css/js of the plugin will load normally.

• Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
dnp_theme says

If I get my WP items disabled for this change, I will stick with Joomla, WP worth no effort at this point.

1277 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
fuelthemes says

Not necessarily… You can disable the loading of extra css/js files when the theme is active, so you load only the custom styles for your own shortcodes. Then, when the user deactivates the theme, the default css/js of the plugin will load normally.

That wasn’t what I meant. I meant that lets say user wants to only keep a single shortcode from the previous theme. He will have styles of all shortcodes from the previous theme in the new theme.

Unless you prepare seperate stylesheets for different shortcodes.

1400 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Croatia
OriginalEXE says

That wasn’t what I meant. I meant that lets say user wants to only keep a single shortcode from the previous theme. He will have styles of all shortcodes from the previous theme in the new theme.

Unless you prepare seperate stylesheets for different shortcodes.

I fail to see the problem in that?

16 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
theux says

I’m going to ask again @envato. What is the final world for:

- how about widgets? - how about css frameworks that have some buttons styles like foundation/bootstrap? - why is so hard to create a FAQ and give us some light?

490 posts
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
wopethemes says

In any case, we are talkin about hundreds of good selling items and a ton of rework for each and every item. I only have 2 items but I don’t think I’m gonna do this mass rework. I am way too busy with other stuff and updates.
http://notes.envato.com/news/update-wordpress-theme-submission-requirements/ “Please note that this launch plan is only for new themes being submitted, and will not affect existing themes. ”
by
by
by
by
by
by