11 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Russian Federation
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Matyushen says

“Modification of filters in wpautop is not allowed.” Does that mean I can’t change wpautop priority? Like this:

remove_filter( 'the_content', 'wpautop' );
add_filter( 'the_content', 'wpautop', 12);
1402 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Croatia
OriginalEXE says

“Modification of filters in wpautop is not allowed.” Does that mean I can’t change wpautop priority? Like this:
remove_filter( 'the_content', 'wpautop' );
add_filter( 'the_content', 'wpautop', 12);
Yes, you are not allowed to do that.
99 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Italy
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
mountainthemes says

So 99% of authors will create a new plugin like theme XXX functions plugin. Some will need to change alot from their framework and some will build a new framework .

We’re wasting alot of time for no good reason otherwise for new envato rule . I’m sure it’s not a good move.

Good point. I think – at this point – Envato MUST develop his own framework and EVERY Tf theme developer MUST use that framework in order to center the goal of features interoperability.

We can move features into plugins but if my features only works with my framework the user has no real benefit.

992 posts Best-dressed man at PressNomics 2013
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Power Elite Author
+4 more
Parallelus says

So 99% of authors will create a new plugin like theme XXX functions plugin. Some will need to change alot from their framework and some will build a new framework .

We’re wasting alot of time for no good reason otherwise for new envato rule . I’m sure it’s not a good move.

Good point. I think – at this point – Envato MUST develop his own framework and EVERY Tf theme developer MUST use that framework in order to center the goal of features interoperability.

We can move features into plugins but if my features only works with my framework the user has no real benefit.

That would be the beginning of a mass exodus from ThemeForest. It would be one thing to offer an option framework like they’ve done with OptionsTree, but to force one (at this stage) would not be acceptable.

I can see a community like this being built around a framework where users develop themes specific to that framework and can sell them on the framework marketplace. There are a number of sites doing this, but TF is not structured this way and authors would run screaming if a requirement to use the TF framework were forced on them. 10 new TF like sites would pop up over night to gobble up all the newly available authors looking for a place to sell their work.

1 post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Pakistan
msaqibansari says

Thanks to clear these things but on the other hand WP developer will be more conscious on implementing such guidelines other than better logic.

99 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Italy
  • Exclusive Author
mountainthemes says

That would be the beginning of a mass exodus from ThemeForest. It would be one thing to offer an option framework like they’ve done with OptionsTree, but to force one (at this stage) would not be acceptable.

I can see a community like this being built around a framework where users develop themes specific to that framework and can sell them on the framework marketplace. There are a number of sites doing this, but TF is not structured this way and authors would run screaming if a requirement to use the TF framework were forced on them. 10 new TF like sites would pop up over night to gobble up all the newly available authors looking for a place to sell their work.

From an user point of view do you prefer 45 different frameworks ?

3007 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+2 more
duotive says

No, but users prefer a variety of themes. If all use the same framework, all have the same basic things in them, and those things might not please all users.

99 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Italy
  • Exclusive Author
mountainthemes says

No, but users prefer a variety of themes. If all use the same framework, all have the same basic things in them, and those things might not please all users.

I don’t mean the front end framework. I mean the back end framework like option tree, advanced custom fields and so on. You can do everything you want.

An option could be (like Acf) an extendible Envato framework. Any developer has the same base code but anyone can extend it (via plugins). This would be the best way in my opinion.

3007 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+2 more
duotive says

I don’t mean the front end framework. I mean the back end framework like option tree, advanced custom fields and so on. You can do everything you want.

An option could be (like Acf) an extendible Envato framework. Any developer has the same base code but anyone can extend it (via plugins). This would be the best way in my opinion.

I understand!

Now… Envato!! I know you are busy with the bundle, but wheres the FAQ??

992 posts Best-dressed man at PressNomics 2013
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Power Elite Author
+4 more
Parallelus says

There are plenty of places to find themes that all use the same framework. Would you start a stock photography website and force all the photographers to use the same camera? Of course not. This is a marketplace, it’s different from the competition in that it allows authors to make their own work and sell it. We’re not selling themes to ThemeForest for them to resell. We’re using ThemeForest to sell our own themes on our frameworks.

by
by
by
by
by
by