1 post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
PandaGotFiles says

“Modification of filters in wpautop is not allowed.” Does that mean I can’t change wpautop priority? Like this:
remove_filter( 'the_content', 'wpautop' );
add_filter( 'the_content', 'wpautop', 12);

Probably…

But you can do this (ugh…) instead:

function prevent_autop_shortcodes( $content ) {
    return strtr( $content, array(  '<p>[' => '[', ']</p>' => ']', ']<br />' => ']' ) );
}
add_filter( 'the_content', 'prevent_autop_shortcodes' );

Yeah… It’s ugly.

114 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Italy
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
mountainthemes says

There are plenty of places to find themes that all use the same framework. Would you start a stock photography website and force all the photographers to use the same camera? Of course not. This is a marketplace, it’s different from the competition in that it allows authors to make their own work and sell it. We’re not selling themes to ThemeForest for them to resell. We’re using ThemeForest to sell our own themes on our frameworks.

With that said there’s no point for Themeforest to force us how to develop themes. If this is an open marketplace anyone can do – almost – what he wants.

But where’s the truth ? :)

PS. I love standards and i think Envato should release his hown framework if they want “a standard”. Otherwise we (sellers) should not be forced to rigid rules. These are my 2 cents.

11 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Matyushen says

“Modification of filters in wpautop is not allowed.” Does that mean I can’t change wpautop priority? Like this:

Probably…

return strtr( $content, array(  '<p>[' => '[', ']</p>' => ']', ']<br />' => ']' ) );
}
Yeah… It’s ugly.

Thanks, came up with this also, so far the best solution, but far from ideal.

1466 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Croatia
OriginalEXE says

Probably…

}
Yeah… It’s ugly.
Thanks, came up with this also, so far the best solution, but far from ideal.
That is also bad, and forbidden.
939 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Serbia
  • Exclusive Author
aleluja says

^ You can’t do that. It alters every content. You can alter content ONLY in your own shortcodes and the methods provided affect every shortcode and content.

And don’t post things like that here, the thread is already enormous.

1024 posts Best-dressed man at PressNomics 2013
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
+5 more
Parallelus says

There are plenty of places to find themes that all use the same framework. Would you start a stock photography website and force all the photographers to use the same camera? Of course not. This is a marketplace, it’s different from the competition in that it allows authors to make their own work and sell it. We’re not selling themes to ThemeForest for them to resell. We’re using ThemeForest to sell our own themes on our frameworks.

With that said there’s no point for Themeforest to force us how to develop themes. If this is an open marketplace anyone can do – almost – what he wants.

My point exactly. ;)

Nobody should be telling me what I can and can’t do with my own products. That’s why it’s unlikely you will see any WP themes from me on TF after November when these rules go into effect. I’ll probably go back to HTML templates and upload them instead. Maybe I’ll try my hand at Joomla, Drupal, Concrete5 and even Symphony. They aren’t being regulated the same way so I’ll still have control over my own products.

1715 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+2 more
FinalDestiny says

That would be the beginning of a mass exodus from ThemeForest. It would be one thing to offer an option framework like they’ve done with OptionsTree, but to force one (at this stage) would not be acceptable.

I can see a community like this being built around a framework where users develop themes specific to that framework and can sell them on the framework marketplace. There are a number of sites doing this, but TF is not structured this way and authors would run screaming if a requirement to use the TF framework were forced on them. 10 new TF like sites would pop up over night to gobble up all the newly available authors looking for a place to sell their work.
From an user point of view do you prefer 45 different frameworks ?

I couldn’t agree more.

1074 posts
  • Forum Superstar
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
Smartik says

I love standards and i think Envato should release his hown framework if they want “a standard”. Otherwise we (sellers) should not be forced to rigid rules. These are my 2 cents.

Why would I use somebody’s framework if I can make my own which include only the features I need for my themes? Everyone is free to extend the WordPress how they want.

114 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Italy
mountainthemes says

I love standards and i think Envato should release his hown framework if they want “a standard”. Otherwise we (sellers) should not be forced to rigid rules. These are my 2 cents.
Why would I use somebody’s framework if I can make my own which include only the features I need for my themes? Everyone is free to extend the WordPress how they want.

And Everyone is free to code everything they want…. so Envato rules are useless, aren’t they ? Have you read what i wrote ?

1579 posts Chris Robinson
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+5 more
contempoinc says

Can’t believe people are still tripping over this…

by
by
by
by
by
by