707 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
ChillThemes says

@Japh Is using hooks intead of copy-paste code for content, sidebars etc allowed ?

I seriously doubt they would prevent you from using hooks…

309 posts Mad Dog
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
mad_dog says

2 TF staff! Did I miss something or the page builders are still allowed to use within the themes? Today is 10th of September and I’m just curious if the newly added themes use the page builders as plugins? Your response is much appreciated. Thanks.

1484 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
OriginalEXE says

2 TF staff! Did I miss something or the page builders are still allowed to use within the themes? Today is 10th of September and I’m just curious if the newly added themes use the page builders as plugins? Your response is much appreciated. Thanks.

You are talking about phase 2, which is due this November (separating functionality into plugins).

Also, page builders will be allowed in Themes even in that phase, more info here: http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/472

1188 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Smartik says

You are talking about phase 2, which is due this November (separating functionality into plugins).

Also, page builders will be allowed in Themes even in that phase, more info here: http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/472
If the Page Builder uses shortcodes then it shouldn’t be allowed to be a part of the theme.
350 posts Gambit
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
bfintal says

If the Page Builder uses shortcodes then it shouldn’t be allowed to be a part of the theme.

I don’t think that’s true. The page builder would still be allowed if it has shortcodes. Shortcodes would be plugins. So if these shortcode plugins aren’t activated then they just won’t be usable within the page builder. TGM would just require those shortcode plugins.

Speaking of TGM, that code should really be updated. A lot of open issues in the repo :(

1188 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Smartik says

I don’t think that’s true. The page builder would still be allowed if it has shortcodes. Shortcodes would be plugins. So if these shortcode plugins aren’t activated then they just won’t be usable within the page builder. TGM would just require those shortcode plugins.

Speaking of TGM, that code should really be updated. A lot of open issues in the repo :(
I’m reffering to page builders that use shortcodes to create its contents. For example Visual Composer, it generates shortcodes that are send to editor. It’s basically a shortcode generator. So if this will be allowed to be used within themes then it is unfair to require other shortcodes to be included in plugins.
350 posts Gambit
+4 more
bfintal says

I don’t think that’s true. The page builder would still be allowed if it has shortcodes. Shortcodes would be plugins. So if these shortcode plugins aren’t activated then they just won’t be usable within the page builder. TGM would just require those shortcode plugins. Speaking of TGM, that code should really be updated. A lot of open issues in the repo :(
I’m reffering to page builders that use shortcodes to create its contents. For example Visual Composer, it generates shortcodes that are send to editor. It’s basically a shortcode generator. So if this will be allowed to be used within themes then it is unfair to require other shortcodes to be included in plugins.

Isn’t that still the same? All shortcodes would be plugins, page builder would be included.

2002 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
+9 more
bitfade says

If the purpose of phase 2 is to make sure buyers can access all their data after switching the theme, i don’t get how page builders could be allowed in themes.

So far we have a list of do and don’t but i fail to see a clear rationale behind it. It would be much simpler to just say: theme = blog only, plugin = everything else.

3567 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

If the purpose of phase 2 is to make sure buyers can access all their data after switching the theme, i don’t get how page builders could be allowed in themes.

So far we have a list of do and don’t but i fail to see a clear rationale behind it. It would be much simpler to just say: theme = blog only, plugin = everything else.

I was rejected for including a Page Build in the theme even before November … but of course, i have a “special relationship” with the reviewers, so this might be the case :D

Anyway, i was thinking to have a page builder inside the theme, and then, provide a plugin which contains those shortcodes and basic styling for when the user switches. That way, he would have all the content when he needs it, and the awesomeness of a VC only in the theme..

350 posts Gambit
+4 more
bfintal says

Or remove that part of phase 2 :D

by
by
by
by
by
by