67 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
SmoothThemes says

Just heard some thought about custom post type plugin from justintadlock and now it’s time to asked you guys :

Let’s say I create a directory theme and had a CPT plugin called Listings, it has a lot of custom meta field which I use for search, custom google map.

You are using my theme and want to move to another theme in the same niche. My Listings plugin still work fine but the data and layout output to the front-end look very mess.
If you deactivated my plugin and use new theme with new Listings CPT plugin provide by the new theme author, the CPT data still there but all of custom meta field is different.
Can you tell me how you deal in this case. Please help me out of this :)

274 posts mekshq.com
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
meks says

No understand ?
What i mean is: Example, i have many custom metaboxes for different post types and post formats, if i put all the code for my custom metaboxes in a plugin, this plugin would be useful only with my theme, as is useless for another theme cause probably another theme dont call at all in the frontend the values of my custom metaboxes… Mean just this, is kinda odd make a plugin which can be used only with a theme, had more sense integrate it in the theme. :)

I had the same thoughts recently. But, if you provide proper documentation and upload plugin into WordPress repository it’s possible that many other developers can use it as well. Also, create frontend functions which average user can understand, and they will use it and put it manually in the frontend templates of their themes. Regarding your themes, you will already integrate what do you need in the frontend the same way ;)

16 posts
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
JessicaRobort says

Thank you! It’s awesome, great work!

25 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
greatives says
Allowed in theme: Theme options frameworks Page builders

I want to ask if any kind of Page builders are allowed or just those that use shortcodes?

42 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
SubatomicThemes says

After reading that all shortcodes need to be in a plugin, I’ve done just that, but… The theme options that I’m building for a new theme has some options that work with the shortcodes. So I’ve only made those options available if the shortcodes plugin is active (using is_plugin_active() ). Would this be okay?

Thanks.

66 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in a Mini Bundle
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+3 more
smartdatasoft says

With the current standard of wp we have not question. One things i am not clear about that.

If we use any slider using short code. but when change theme it will not work. So is it good of bad idea to build slider with short code.?

3428 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Won a Competition
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+5 more
KrownThemes says

With the current standard of wp we have not question. One things i am not clear about that. If we use any slider using short code. but when change theme it will not work. So is it good of bad idea to build slider with short code.?

You are not allowed to use shortcodes in the theme anymore (talking about phase 2), so shortcodes go into a plugin.

66 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in a Mini Bundle
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+3 more
smartdatasoft says

From when face 2 will start. Our theme developed by the latest standard all short code are from plugin.

But how slider short code manged, from plugin or theme.

25 posts
  • Exclusive Author
greatives says

Hello, i want to ask something about phase2. We design a WP Theme that uses custom fields (in post type page) to save page builder data. Is this allowed?

15 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
webcaos says

How about custom meta boxes? I make a large use of CMB in my themes, for insert videos, define sidebars, layouts, labels, custom comments templates slideshows, and everything related to posts and pages. Not use shortcodes at all in them but just custom functions. Is this allowed?

by
by
by
by
by
by