• Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
+9 more
KingDog Staff says

I don’t understand why they don’t update us on this.

Haven’t forgotten you :) We’ll announce it on the forums etc. when Phase 2 officially launches.

347 posts Gambit
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Philippines
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Repeatedly helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
bfintal says

Haven’t forgotten you :) We’ll announce it on the forums etc. when Phase 2 officially launches.

Is it safe to say that Phase 2 won’t be implemented yet this year?

I want to get started on my next theme, but I’m still moving things out of my framework to plugins. If phase 2 isn’t on yet then I can start on my theme right away without doing the plugins thing.

149 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
starshade says

I don’t understand why they don’t update us on this.

At least tell us if it will be in effect this year or not. Many authors, me included are currently working on new themes and it’s very important for us to know more about this.

3 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • United States
isarmstrong says

Sorry if this has been asked a dozen times – but what are your policies on bundling a functionality plugin with a theme? The separation of concerns seems to fit nicely into what you are doing and would allow theme developers a way to convert their work to the new system without losing a bunch of features.

56 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Europe
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
AdrianBotea says

So if we need to make a separate plugin with all metaboxes,shortcodes … could we just “recommend” some existing plug-ins ?

Or do we need make our own ?

1107 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
Smartik says

So if we need to make a separate plugin with all metaboxes,shortcodes … could we just “recommend” some existing plug-ins ? Or do we need make our own ?

You can recomend any plugins you want from WP.org. If the plugin is already in Worpdress Plugins Library and is good enough why make another one?

56 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
AdrianBotea says

You can recomend any plugins you want from WP.org. If the plugin is already in Worpdress Plugins Library and is good enough why make another one?

Yep, that’s what I thought.The only concern is that submitted themes with “custom” plug-ins will have more acceptance wight.Or am I wrong ?

3 posts
whiterider says

Did someone considered the following and if yes, what is the answer:
Few examples:
Breadcrumbs as plugin from ThemeHybrid is 16,5kb. Built in breadcrumbs, properly styled for a theme I bought from ThemeForest is 9kb.
Post carousel like flexslider or meta slider is over 2MB. Built in carousel is 170kb.

And another question, most of the plugins load js. Often they load the same js files but from their own folders. Both versions are loaded in the console. What will be the loading speed if I have 10 plugins? Or 15?

What is the point to load isotope wall for portfolio and isotope masonry for products and isotope grid for blog from 3 different plugins with 3 different sets of customization, js and css files? And on top of that I have to override the css with my own?

I am asking as a customer with low to mediocre css and php knowledge.

What is your advice?
Thanks,
Georgi

94 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Italy
pixedelic says

Did someone considered the following and if yes, what is the answer:
Few examples:
Breadcrumbs as plugin from ThemeHybrid is 16,5kb. Built in breadcrumbs, properly styled for a theme I bought from ThemeForest is 9kb.
Post carousel like flexslider or meta slider is over 2MB. Built in carousel is 170kb.

And another question, most of the plugins load js. Often they load the same js files but from their own folders. Both versions are loaded in the console. What will be the loading speed if I have 10 plugins? Or 15?

What is the point to load isotope wall for portfolio and isotope masonry for products and isotope grid for blog from 3 different plugins with 3 different sets of customization, js and css files? And on top of that I have to override the css with my own?

I am asking as a customer with low to mediocre css and php knowledge.

What is your advice?
Thanks,
Georgi

Good point, +1

7 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • United States
waveminded says

Another suggestion… Standardize WP pages if this hasn’t already been done. I’ve noticed some themes are lacking
- search results page

by
by
by
by
by
by