• Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
+8 more
KingDog Staff says

I don’t understand why they don’t update us on this.
Haven’t forgotten you :) We’ll announce it on the forums etc. when Phase 2 officially launches.
At least tell us if it will be in effect this year or not. Many authors, me included are currently working on new themes and it’s very important for us to know more about this.

To be honest, it’s not possible to put a firm date on it yet. It may still launch this year, but we can’t be exact on the date yet. Thanks!

149 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
starshade says

I don’t understand why they don’t update us on this.
Haven’t forgotten you :) We’ll announce it on the forums etc. when Phase 2 officially launches.
At least tell us if it will be in effect this year or not. Many authors, me included are currently working on new themes and it’s very important for us to know more about this.
To be honest, it’s not possible to put a firm date on it yet. It may still launch this year, but we can’t be exact on the date yet. Thanks!

Ok, I understand. Thanks and I will keep an eye here :)

17 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
amishbhagwagar says

Maximum How many plugins can we place with theme ? Is there any limit ?

307 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • United States
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
brainbuzzmedia says

I have put off developing another wordpress theme mainly because I don’t know how integrating a page builder is going to work with the new guidelines.

Can anyone answer to whether or not we will be allowed to still use a page builder plugin like visual composer in our themes after this second stage is in effect?

11 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
rffa says

@brainbuzzmedia actually, page builder and theme options frameworks are allowed in theme even on phase two.

4 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
kprovance says

Okay, I just came into this, – and forgive me – but I don’t want to look through 61 pages of posts for a proper answer. If one has been given, a link to it would be fine.

Now, as a brand new author, I am finishing up my theme and began evaluating the criteria for submission. I was good up to Phase two. So, as I understand it, all shortcode functionality and page/post types need to be installed as plug ins? Who made THAT decision, because I don’t believe it was thought out properly. In a niche market, some not bright bulb use might say to himself ‘Oh, what’s this plug in I never installed doing here?” without reading it, and just uninstalls it (don’t believe it can’t happen or is a rare thing. I developed software for AOL users for some 18 years, and they are out there aplenty). The theme breaks or becomes somewhat unusable. HOW, could someone think that was a good idea? Were you looking to just give us busy work? As if we don’t have enough to do or worry about without have to move and test what should be core theme functionality to PLUGINS?? Really? Allow me to state plainly how stupid I believe that to be. Why would you want to make our jobs tougher? If someone actually has beneficial reasons for making this change, I’d love to hear them, because I’ve yet to see them listed. Plugins take up CPU cycles, which is why one could only install so many. Why add to that pile? Shouldn’t core theme functionality remain IN the theme? Splitting it off into plugins? It’s just a time bomb waiting to go off. And who gets to deal with the consequences of YOUR decisions? Us, the developers, for having to explain to end users, ‘not to do that, or it won’t work,’ I’ve been doing this software thing a long time, and until I could be convinced different, I do not agree with it, and may take my work someplace that doesn’t enforce what seems to me are just unnecessary things. I would love to be enlightened by the reasons, please. Change my mind. Until then, I’m not ripping apart my theme to make a core plug in that begs to be turned off out of ignorance, thus flooding me with support issues. And no, no one reads FAQ pages, except maybe devs.

I look forward to any reply. :)

Kevin Provance Contributor to the Redux project.

2016 posts Review Manager
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Australia
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
+7 more
jremick Staff says

Hi everyone, we’ve published our finalized Phase 1 submission requirements and also updated on the Phase 2 timeline here: http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/announcement-finalised-wordpress-submission-requirements-phase-1/117137

by
by
by
by
by
by