443 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+9 more
vibes35 says

Quick question:

If I update say a 3d model do previous buyers get notified of the update to download the newest version?

I ask because unless a buyer posts a comment we have no idea who purchases the files.

Thanks

962 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
webdesigndeluxe says

No, it does not send the buyers an email >They really, really need to look into this. I have a file on TF, it didn’t have a contact from and everybody kept emailing me for one, even though a couple weeks later I had added a contact form and added it to my product description. Envato should do something about this! :)

962 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
webdesigndeluxe says

Oh and I don’t know about security measure here on Envato, but it’d b e super neat to see a list of all of our buyers someday :D

4905 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber Envato team says

Buyers identities are not directly displayed, along with not being notified via email of updates, to prevent unwanted spam or junk email.

If a buyer contacts you through your profile page, the message you receive will contain a link that will display if this person has purchased any of your files. Also the purchase graphic is displayed on comments. The best thing to do if your contacted for an update is to ask the person to either comment, or mail from the correct address. I’m sure something will be provided in the future in terms of better ways to track and receive update information. Many solutions have been discussed in the past.

443 posts
+9 more
vibes35 says
Buyers identities are not directly displayed, along with not being notified via email of updates, to prevent unwanted spam or junk email. If a buyer contacts you through your profile page, the message you receive will contain a link that will display if this person has purchased any of your files. Also the purchase graphic is displayed on comments. The best thing to do if your contacted for an update is to ask the person to either comment, or mail from the correct address. I’m sure something will be provided in the future in terms of better ways to track and receive update information. Many solutions have been discussed in the past.

Thanks!

The real concern is if I update a file on the site and making sure that a previous buyer is aware and able to re-download the new file. it’s just right now as you say there is now way to know outside of them contacting the seller.

222 posts
+7 more
OneManBand says

Well, you can always start a twitter account and link to it on your file descriptions / profile page. Then, whenever you update an item, write about it there and all of your followers will get noticed. Of course, the decision to follow you or not still relies on the client, so I think it’s a nice way which does not compromise addresses or spams.

443 posts
+9 more
vibes35 says
Well, you can always start a twitter account and link to it on your file descriptions / profile page. Then, whenever you update an item, write about it there and all of your followers will get noticed. Of course, the decision to follow you or not still relies on the client, so I think it’s a nice way which does not compromise addresses or spams.

great idea thank you!! :)

by
by
by
by
by
by