• Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Turkey
AkinGn says

I had this idea a few days ago. What about an updated items category that makes it possible to see all updated items in one category or I dunno :P ? That can be good for both authors and visitors/buyers.

1317 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
fuelthemes says

It could easily be misused. Authors can update misc stuff to get on that list.

2322 posts
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+1 more
CreativeMilk says
It could easily be misused. Authors can update misc stuff to get on that list.

+1

1028 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+1 more
ThemeBlvd says

That’s so cool that you posted this thread because I was just thinking about it the other day, too! I do think that this is important to consider because it’s so easy for theme authors to post themes and keep moving onto new ones and not update the old themes. There’s just not a lot of motivation to go back to your old theme (mainly thinking of WordPress themes) and re-do your entire backend to meet all the now current standards (which are always evolving) and add all the cool new features you’ve come up with for your newer themes. This does take a lot of time and effort for little pay off.

I think it would be of benefit for authors to have more motivation to update their current products and get more of a payoff for doing so. This way the marketplace doesn’t continue to get flooded because authors know the only way to get any exposure is to create a new theme, so why take a 3 weeks to update an old theme?

I realize this could be seriously misused, but I’m sure you could come up with ways to police it. Obviously, if you just put it on auto pilot, it would get out of control. But since all theme updates have to go through a reviewer anyway, would it be possible to get a chance in the comments box to explain to the reviewer all of the modifications and new features you’ve added to your theme, and if they think it worthy, they add it to the “Update” list or whatever?

I realize this means more work for reviewers and envato, but I do think it would help the overall quality of themes on the marketplace as time goes on.

286 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Turkey
AkinGn says
I realize this could be seriously misused, but I’m sure you could come up with ways to police it. Obviously, if you just put it on auto pilot, it would get out of control. But since all theme updates have to go through a reviewer anyway, would it be possible to get a chance in the comments box to explain to the reviewer all of the modifications and new features you’ve added to your theme, and if they think it worthy, they add it to the “Update” list or whatever?

I totally agree with that, item already needs to be reviewed to be updated anyway.

by
by
by
by
by
by