Hi, I can’t wrap my head around this thing and wanted to know how you authors deal with this. When a client wants a (paid) customization – for example something that includes creating additional metaboxes for your theme, you send him the files and that one with the metaboxes. How do you proceed with him installing that customization:
1) Overwrites the original metaboxes files with the one sent by you (that includes also the new ones)
2) Make him write an include line in the functions.php
3) Something else?
I’m asking this because of what will happen when you release an update for the theme. He may overwrite your files… and in many cases break the theme.
Can you please share some solutions that you use in cases like these? Thanks!
Your “solutions” are not solutions..
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.