Hi, I can’t wrap my head around this thing and wanted to know how you authors deal with this. When a client wants a (paid) customization – for example something that includes creating additional metaboxes for your theme, you send him the files and that one with the metaboxes. How do you proceed with him installing that customization:
1) Overwrites the original metaboxes files with the one sent by you (that includes also the new ones)
2) Make him write an include line in the functions.php
3) Something else?
I’m asking this because of what will happen when you release an update for the theme. He may overwrite your files… and in many cases break the theme.
Can you please share some solutions that you use in cases like these? Thanks!
- Most Wanted Bounty Winner
- Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
- Has been a member for 6-7 years
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Won a Competition
- Bought between 100 and 499 items
- Exclusive Author
- Referred between 500 and 999 users
Your “solutions” are not solutions..