372 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
mrjasmin says

I have noticed that some some updated items have returend to the first page. Does that mean that updated items will return to the first page if the update is big enough ?

Thanks

2263 posts Bird is the word..
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
jonathan01 says

I would like to know this also as I am wanting to add some extra pages to a few of my templates – they would have some added functions also and prob account for a 30% increase in the files contents plus would have the new html based help file etc – I don’t really want to do this work if it doesn’t get promoted on the front page as it will mean extra work that would prob. not get noticed.

Do we have an official line on this kind of thing perhaps?

Thanks

372 posts
+1 more
mrjasmin says
I would like to know this also as I am wanting to add some extra pages to a few of my templates – they would have some added functions also and prob account for a 30% increase in the files contents plus would have the new html based help file etc – I don’t really want to do this work if it doesn’t get promoted on the front page as it will mean extra work that would prob. not get noticed.

Do we have an official line on this kind of thing perhaps?

Thanks

Same situation with me, I would like to update a item but don´t know if it will show up on the front page.

1589 posts Chris Robinson
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
contempoinc says

I would be stoked if this is the case, I’ve been releasing updates for my themes for awhile, some more exposure than the usual emails to buyers would be great.

@mrjasmin – Which items have you noticed this happening to?

372 posts
+1 more
mrjasmin says
I would be stoked if this is the case, I’ve been releasing updates for my themes for awhile, some more exposure than the usual emails to buyers would be great. @mrjasmin – Which items have you noticed this happening to?

I have sent you a message with the link to the item.

+8 more
jonathan01 says

I understand that if all you did was change a css file a little or added another blank page etc that it should not be on the front again – but I am meaning if the additions were extensive to say increase files and options by 30% that’s a lot of work.

I understand this could be seen as a possible way to just keep releasing stuff but maybe a minimum amount of changes and only once per file or something to stop abuse.

372 posts
+1 more
mrjasmin says
I understand that if all you did was change a css file a little or added another blank page etc that it should not be on the front again – but I am meaning if the additions were extensive to say increase files and options by 30% that’s a lot of work. I understand this could be seen as a possible way to just keep releasing stuff but maybe a minimum amount of changes and only once per file or something to stop abuse.

The item I talk about has been updated with a php contact form.

+8 more
jonathan01 says
I understand that if all you did was change a css file a little or added another blank page etc that it should not be on the front again – but I am meaning if the additions were extensive to say increase files and options by 30% that’s a lot of work. I understand this could be seen as a possible way to just keep releasing stuff but maybe a minimum amount of changes and only once per file or something to stop abuse.
The item I talk about has been updated with a php contact form.

Hmm.. doesn’t seem like much of an upgrade – I think the bar should be higher.

2529 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+11 more
JeffreyWay says

Hey, guys. Are you sure? To my knowledge, we haven’t made any changes—updates are not returned to the front page. Obviously because this would be extremely abused. :)

372 posts
+1 more
mrjasmin says
Hey, guys. Are you sure? To my knowledge, we haven’t made any changes—updates are not returned to the front page. Obviously because this would be extremely abused. :)

Hi ! Yes I´m sure. I will send you the link to the items.

by
by
by
by
by
by