372 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Sweden
mrjasmin says

I have noticed that some some updated items have returend to the first page. Does that mean that updated items will return to the first page if the update is big enough ?

Thanks

2263 posts Bird is the word..
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
jonathan01 says

I would like to know this also as I am wanting to add some extra pages to a few of my templates – they would have some added functions also and prob account for a 30% increase in the files contents plus would have the new html based help file etc – I don’t really want to do this work if it doesn’t get promoted on the front page as it will mean extra work that would prob. not get noticed.

Do we have an official line on this kind of thing perhaps?

Thanks

372 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sweden
mrjasmin says
I would like to know this also as I am wanting to add some extra pages to a few of my templates – they would have some added functions also and prob account for a 30% increase in the files contents plus would have the new html based help file etc – I don’t really want to do this work if it doesn’t get promoted on the front page as it will mean extra work that would prob. not get noticed.

Do we have an official line on this kind of thing perhaps?

Thanks

Same situation with me, I would like to update a item but don´t know if it will show up on the front page.

1561 posts Chris Robinson
  • United States
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+5 more
contempoinc says

I would be stoked if this is the case, I’ve been releasing updates for my themes for awhile, some more exposure than the usual emails to buyers would be great.

@mrjasmin – Which items have you noticed this happening to?

372 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sweden
mrjasmin says
I would be stoked if this is the case, I’ve been releasing updates for my themes for awhile, some more exposure than the usual emails to buyers would be great. @mrjasmin – Which items have you noticed this happening to?

I have sent you a message with the link to the item.

• Elite Author
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
jonathan01 says

I understand that if all you did was change a css file a little or added another blank page etc that it should not be on the front again – but I am meaning if the additions were extensive to say increase files and options by 30% that’s a lot of work.

I understand this could be seen as a possible way to just keep releasing stuff but maybe a minimum amount of changes and only once per file or something to stop abuse.

372 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sweden
mrjasmin says
I understand that if all you did was change a css file a little or added another blank page etc that it should not be on the front again – but I am meaning if the additions were extensive to say increase files and options by 30% that’s a lot of work. I understand this could be seen as a possible way to just keep releasing stuff but maybe a minimum amount of changes and only once per file or something to stop abuse.

The item I talk about has been updated with a php contact form.

• Elite Author
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
jonathan01 says
I understand that if all you did was change a css file a little or added another blank page etc that it should not be on the front again – but I am meaning if the additions were extensive to say increase files and options by 30% that’s a lot of work. I understand this could be seen as a possible way to just keep releasing stuff but maybe a minimum amount of changes and only once per file or something to stop abuse.
The item I talk about has been updated with a php contact form.

Hmm.. doesn’t seem like much of an upgrade – I think the bar should be higher.

2529 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Blog Editor
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
+8 more
JeffreyWay Moderator says

Hey, guys. Are you sure? To my knowledge, we haven’t made any changes—updates are not returned to the front page. Obviously because this would be extremely abused. :)

372 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sweden
mrjasmin says
Hey, guys. Are you sure? To my knowledge, we haven’t made any changes—updates are not returned to the front page. Obviously because this would be extremely abused. :)

Hi ! Yes I´m sure. I will send you the link to the items.

by
by
by
by
by
by