1677 posts Envato Elite Author
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
Tean says

I apologize if this was already suggested if the past, but it keeps boggling my mind…

When we edit some of our files (like a bug fix for example) and then upload for approval once again, wouldnt it be great if all the buyers get automatic message to their emails stating that an item has been updated thus reminding them to redownload the already bought item?

7423 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

there was endless discussion about this, full with pro and contra arguments. (just search the forum)

I will not open again this discussion, just an idea though

I think more than an automatic message send to them (equals spam) a good use of the dashboard that everyone have (I’m not sure if this is correct, the dashboard is only for authors? ) but anyway, somewhere in the dashboard should be some sort of list with last updates on item one bought or even some that were not purchased.

Animated_Creativity
Animated_Creativity Recent Posts Threads Started
480 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Animated_Creativity says
1677 posts Envato Elite Author
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
Tean says

Hm.. I see that topic now, but I dont see the point of any new tabs, you can write on the top of the file description that you made an update, but that wont change a thing since customer need to keep checking what and if any of your files have been updated/fixed… And why would email be a spam if you fixed some bug in your code?

If you are a customer who bought a certain file here, wouldnt you like to receive an email stating that certain file has been updated?

43 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in United States
Crizzo_Designs says

As someone who purchases.. should put on the “download” page for purchases the date for latest update or something.. instead of emails… then we can check our purchases to see when last update was!

Christopher

2309 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
theflyingtinman says
As someone who purchases.. should put on the “download” page for purchases the date for latest update or something.. instead of emails… then we can check our purchases to see when last update was! Christopher

Since many authors buy apps from Activeden to use in third party projects they probably don’t need updates of everything they purchase. Activeden licenses don’t allow for multiple use so they can’t use the component for another client without buying it again (in which case they would automatically get the latest version) and what are they going to do if they get notified of an update of a file they used in a project? Go back to their old client and offer to integrate the new version of the Activeden file?

For those who buy files for their own personal use, optional email notification of updates may be useful (option could be implemented as a checkbox on the purchase page).

8251 posts Community Moderator
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says
For those who buy files for their own personal use, optional email notification of updates may be useful (option could be implemented as a checkbox on the purchase page).

an opt-in for updates seems pretty good…

43 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in United States
Crizzo_Designs says
As someone who purchases.. should put on the “download” page for purchases the date for latest update or something.. instead of emails… then we can check our purchases to see when last update was! Christopher

Since many authors buy apps from Activeden to use in third party projects they probably don’t need updates of everything they purchase. Activeden licenses don’t allow for multiple use so they can’t use the component for another client without buying it again (in which case they would automatically get the latest version) and what are they going to do if they get notified of an update of a file they used in a project? Go back to their old client and offer to integrate the new version of the Activeden file?

I agree with that!! I think the option would be great feature to add!

Christopher

LeatherwingStudios
LeatherwingStudios Recent Posts Threads Started
552 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+1 more
LeatherwingStudios says
what are they going to do if they get notified of an update of a file they used in a project? Go back to their old client and offer to integrate the new version of the Activeden file?

yes

8251 posts Community Moderator
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says
what are they going to do if they get notified of an update of a file they used in a project? Go back to their old client and offer to integrate the new version of the Activeden file?
yes

For more money?

Yes.

by
by
by
by
by
by