4 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
torilion says

Hello,

I got emails that updates are available for my used theme (panicstation) and like to install them. Under Site Options > The Update in wordpress I filled in the ThemeForest User and API key. However the update did not (auto)start, nor can I update the theme in WP under Appearance > Themes > Manage Themes (other unused themes can be updated there though…)

Also I tried to download the new version of Panic Station on themeforest site under my downloads (which worked) and then install it as a new theme (upload in WP). However WP does not do this: After upload reaching 100% and WP auto-unpacking I get a message ’: ” Installing the theme… Destination folder already exists. /home/[...].nl/wp-content/themes/panicstation/ Theme install failed.”

What should I do for a good update?

A reason for updating may be that some of the icons used on my site are not showing good on all computers (just an empty/no load block on some). May this be caused by not updating theme? Or is it because of not updating WP or visual composer version? I did not get this problem previously. Any help will be appreciated a lot, thx!! :)

Roland

828 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
uziiuzair says

If the theme option panel has some option to backup settings, I would suggest you use it, Delete the theme, and install the new theme after which you can restore the settings.

4 posts
torilion says

Thx for your reply. No I see no backup settings under site options or anywhere else…

4 posts
torilion says

Now some hours later I do see the update option in WP under Appearance > Themes Perhaps it needed time to update the API key and user I filled in… When clicking the update however I get:

Update Theme Downloading update from http://s3.amazonaws.com/marketplace-downloads.envato.com/files/89744347/panicstation-v1.4.5.zip?AWSAccessKeyId=[...]content-disposition=attachment%3B+filename%3Dthemeforest-5080498--panic-station-responsive-wordpress-theme-wordpress_theme.zip…

Download failed. Forbidden

I copied/pasted my API code, so no problem there pfff getting tired by all these problems and bugs :( hope someone can help

185 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+3 more
visualkicks says

activate 2014 theme (or any theme) > delete the theme in question > install new version of theme > activate the theme. Simple as that really ;)

ps. forget about your API code, it has nothing to do with anything theme related unless explicitly specified by the theme author (which they wouldn’t do / need).

pps. it’s not a bug or problem :)

by
by
by
by
by
by