30 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • United Kingdom
ant0 says

“For buyers: is a 3.0 update a make it or break it deal when you purchase themes nowadays?”

Yes. I wouldn’t now buy any new theme that won’t work properly wih 3.0

2 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
gvmweb says

hi,

yes I purchased a theme last week, I cant get it work at all and Im usin g WP3 .0

as wp3.0 is the last update for a while, it should be the most functional and secure version.

I will only be using this wpV3.0 for all my blogs..

as developer hasnt answered my emails i will have to get a credit for the sale and purchase another theme.

funny thing is I i tried some old themes i had and they work fine… might be the custom theme options etc are more complex.. so any way.. I and im sure many others will want there theme4s to work in wp3.0

cheers

stuartb

195 posts Aivah
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
+4 more
AivahThemes says

I have added a support for my new theme Awesome Wordpress theme which makes buyers to choose which menu they want to choose either 3.0 or the custom one which comes default with the theme. I don’t think that other authors get hard time on updating themes to make it compatible with 3.0 version, as Brandon says the new menu system is crucial.

255 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • United States
BuchmannDesign says

I’m hesitant to do much modifications to older themes that hardly sell anymore… just not worth it. But my latest theme (only about 5 weeks old) is still selling steadily and REALLY benefits from new 3.0 features… especially the Custom Post Types. As soon as 3.0 was released, i made it my priority to get the big 3.0 features built in.

922 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Power Elite Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Won a Competition
+8 more
MDNW says

- buchmanndesign – system32 – Thanks for the info fellas :) Sounds like we’re all in about the same mindset right now.

by
by
by
by
by
by