343 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
JackHowell says

Just wondering if it is possible, not recommended or not allowed to submit a PSD for review for the PSD templates and then, if all goes well, code it into a site template and submit it again?

Curious because I don’t want to spend ages coding something that is not going to get excepted first time around. I can understand that getting into the PSD category is tough but if it does get accepted then I puts me on the right track for later. If the PSD does get accepted then I would start coding the full template but is that wrong??

Anyone else done this or do I need to wait a while before releasing an ‘update’ for the design?

Any feedback greatly appreciated!

2023 posts Review Manager
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
jremick Envato team says

I don’t think ThemeForest wants an item in both the PSD category and site templates category. If a design is already coded, then there isn’t much purpose for a PSD version as well. In addition, many authors include the PSD with the site templates.

If you’re just looking for some sort of pre-approval, I suggest using the forums to do that. Hope this helps! :)

698 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
segen says
Curious because I don’t want to spend ages coding something that is not going to get excepted first time around

That’s where the “Submit PSD for review” Site templates submission form should jump in as we discussed earlier. We’re still waiting.

echo devs

2529 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+11 more
JeffreyWay says

For the time being, if you like, you may email me a JPEG of the site for a quick “Yes, Maybe, No” review. sitemanager@themeforest.net.

343 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
JackHowell says
For the time being, if you like, you may email me a JPEG of the site for a quick “Yes, Maybe, No” review. sitemanager@themeforest.net.

Ideal, thanks.

I suppose though there is nothing wrong with seeing how well (or not) it does as a PSD and then provide an ‘upgrade’ much later to full template or even Wordpress. Thanks for the help.

by
by
by
by
by
by