• Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+3 more
-ilove2design- says

Hi,

before some self-appointed moralizers start to say something:

It’s just a question and I only want to understand, so no attack on TF or Envato :P

My question: Can someone explain the Upload Processing to me? I sometimes wonder how this works.

I upload a item, and lets say it’s

2th out of 7 in Site Templates, 4th out of 13 on TF.

Ok. So if someone now takes a look at 2 files (let’s say PSD Templates) mine should be

2th out of 7 in Site Templates, 2th out of 11 (or more) on TF.

This would be the normal “first in, first out” way. But that’s not the way it is. Instead I very often see:

2th out of 7 in Site Templates, 4th out of 9 on TF.

So how can this be? Is it just a display error or is there a priority system behind that I don’t understand (“first in, last out” also don’t works on this case)

Thanks to everyone who can explain it =)

426 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
vasilios says

Well, there are different reviewers for each category. Whenever a reviewer has time to review on of the files in his/her specific category they will review one (or more) files. There’s no priority (as far as I know), it just depends on when the reviewer(s) of a specific category can get on and review. :)

1479 posts The right tools with none of the gimmicks
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
PixelBin says

Everyone gets stressed out when they stare at the queue all day waiting for their item to get accepted, but the truth is, it rarely takes more than an a full business day for your item to get accepted. Getting yourself worked up over the queue isn’t worth it, especially since it’s not the most accurate of queues.

;)

2529 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+11 more
JeffreyWay says

It is a bit odd, isn’t it? When you upload your item, and are told that you are “4th out of 13,” that doesn’t necessarily mean that every item will be reviewed in that order.

For example, the first two items might be in the WordPress queue, while the 3rd item could be for the “Miscellaneous” category. We all review different categories during different parts of the day. So, it’s possible that the “Misc” item wil be reviewed before the WordPress items. It all depends really.

In general, I wouldn’t worry about it too much. We’re quite good at reviewing all items within an absolute maximum of 48 hours…usually in less than 24. :)

922 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+13 more
MDNW says
Everyone gets stressed out when they stare at the queue all day waiting for their item to get accepted, but the truth is, it rarely takes more than an a full business day for your item to get accepted. Getting yourself worked up over the queue isn’t worth it, especially since it’s not the most accurate of queues. ;)

I used to stare at the queue for my first few products… it’s actually hard not to. Then, I discovered that your best bet to hedge the urge to hover is to submit in the evening and forget about it until the morning.

I think Jeffrey explained it pretty well though – the way I see it, different reviewers specialize in reviewing different categories. After submitting a few files, you also begin to realize that different reviewers work at different times as well – meaning that you might get Jarel if you submit at one part of the day/week, and you might get Kailoon one the opposite side of the day/week. I can’t say that as a fact, but it’s my guess that there isn’t one office where reviews happen from 9-5, which means that the order that files are reviewed isn’t necessarily what the queue tells you. They move in order, but there’s more to it than a first submitted, first reviewed process. The info they give you on the upload page is just a clue as to where you’re at in the overall pipeline.

426 posts
+3 more
vasilios says
Everyone gets stressed out when they stare at the queue all day waiting for their item to get accepted, but the truth is, it rarely takes more than an a full business day for your item to get accepted. Getting yourself worked up over the queue isn’t worth it, especially since it’s not the most accurate of queues. ;)
I used to stare at the queue for my first few products… it’s actually hard not to. Then, I discovered that your best bet to hedge the urge to hover is to submit in the evening and forget about it until the morning.

It’s usually 12:30-1:00 EDT when I upload my files. Then, it’s usually reviewed by 10 that same day. :D

2022 posts Review Manager
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
jremick Envato team says

The only day of the week that I work is Monday. :D That’s why Monday’s are always the hardest day of the week, lol. Okay, joking. :-P

The time I review is determined by chance. I put 24 hours into a hat (8am, 9am, etc.) and pick two of them out. Then I review at those times. That way I’m totally unpredictable! lol, okay, I’ll quit messing around. :-P

I review usually mornings and evenings (PST).

Anyway, to keep the thread on topic, I found that the best way to quit watching the queue (when I was submitting items) was to start building another template to submit or get to work on a freelance project. The more time you spend watching the queue, the less time you spend doing something that creates value (money).

922 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+13 more
MDNW says
The more time you spend watching the queue, the less time you spend doing something that creates value (money).

Agreed.

4327 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
Ivor Envato team says
The more time you spend watching the queue, the less time you spend doing something that creates value (money).

+1

1594 posts Chris Robinson
  • Located in United States
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
contempoinc says

werd

by
by
by
by
by
by