I am new to ThemeForest and just uploaded my first web site template [psd]... but I couldn’t find anywhere in the upload section – uploader for 590×300 pixels size that is used for web site preview [or mouse over from main page?]
There is just 80×80 pixels preview file uploader, main .zip files set and previews.zip file set.
Sorry for misunderstanding, but I read all pages and couldn`t get where to upload this small preview file. Does server generate this preview out of 1200×1400 pixels files I sent in preview.zip file?
The image used for that preview is the first one in your screenshots.zip file. It is automatically generated but you could also make an image with the right dimensions and name it something like 01-thumb, so that it’s the first one
place your preview image as number 1 in your screenshots folder. E.g. 1_preview.jpg. I agree it’s not documented anywhere, and I had to find this out as well =D
The first image from the screenshots folder will be used as your item preview image (E.g. 01_whatever.jpg)
Create your Screenshots ZIP :For each item you must include a ZIP file of screenshots depicting the template, for use as a preview of the file before download. Screenshots should be JPGs, should be no larger than 1200px in width, but can be any height. You can have up to 10 screenshots of the item, and each screenshot may have a description attached. Here’s how you set up the file:
1. Name each screenshot in sequence as number_Title.jpg. E.g. 01_Homepage.jpg, 02_Generalpage.jpg.
2. Create a .TXT file containing a few lines of descriptive text, with the same name as the screenshot. E.g. 01_Homepage.txt, 02_Generalpage.txt.
3. ZIP up the JPGs and TXTs together into a single ZIP file.
PS: I think i took to long writing so you already got the answer
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.