339 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
joshhunsaker says

Ok, so I haven’t really given this much thought in the past but now that I’m going to be uploading a ton of my new material I was wondering in terms of experience from people here as to what tends to sell better: uploading only the .wav file or the .wav files + 320kbps mp3?

Any difference there? Looking around at the best selling files it does appear they all contain the 320kbps .mp3 as well. I guess that is the recommended way to do it to ensure the highest selling potential?

2003 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+8 more
matsteiner Envato team says

Hi

Why not always upload both, WAv & mp3? That’s what i do. Some people probably prefer mp3 or WAV , for what reason ever, because i agree that WAV should be enough. But because it’s not a big deal to upload the mp3 as well, it offers the highest flexibility and you won’t loose customers because of that… But of course, in case you upload only one format, WAV would be the one you should use, even when the mp3 sounds (almost) the same. But after additional processing the MP3 format would could loose much more quality than a WAV file.

17 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
ReturningSound says

For some reason, I thought we needed both? Maybe I misread something. I always include both!

328 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+7 more
palmtreep says

Just upload both. It doesn’t really take anything away from you, but adds additional content for a buyer, if they choose to want one or the other. If they want an mp3 version, they’re covered. Wav version, they’re covered. Include both, and you don’t need to worry :)

928 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Russian Federation
+1 more
permian says

Looking around at the best selling files it does appear they all contain the 320kbps .mp3 as well.

Really? I say, we’ve found the secret of success!

806 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
Art-of-Sound says

Working with MP3 is kind of unprofessional, besides it doesn’t loop seamlessly, so I never upload MP3 . If anybody, for whatever strange reason, prefers a lossy format he can always downgrade the WAV file himself.

928 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Russian Federation
+1 more
permian says

Yep, it always add some milliseconds to an end, so this healthy recipe is not for the loops.

339 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
joshhunsaker says

Ok, I think I’m going to go ahead and start adding the mp3 version to all of the stuff I’m uploading. Thanks guys!

by
by
by
by
by
by