I’m new to themeforest and i am working on my first WP theme and i have some questions for the uploading:
1)Description: could any body just write a Description Template Example, because until now i can’t understand what should i write exactly in it, and should the description be html or not?
2)Theme Preview: What should i include in the Theme Preview zip folder? My Theme Preview Zip Folder contains the following files: 01_preview1.jpg 02_preview2.jpg 03_preview3.jpg 04_preview4.jpg ImagePreview.jpg ThemePreview.html
Is there any files that i should add them? and for the naming Is the upper files has the correct names?
Thanks in advance,
1) how about taking a look at other, maybe bestselling, themes to see what their authors wrote? You can add html to some extend. You have freedom of layout however if you create an image you add to the description via img tags. The width of the description area is 616px as far as I remember. You can change the description without needing approval after it was accepted – if that has not been changed in the last months – so you can always think about a prettier layout afterwards and just provide basic infos as a start: features, compatibilities, support, such things. Try to make sure not to use images only to improve you showing up in search results.
2) You should not include a html since it clearly states
ZIP file of images (png/jpg) w/ optional text descriptions for display on the site
Name your files properly as well, the first image chronologically needs to be the small preview image, the rest need to be screenshots of the theme. I used to name them 00_preview.jpg 01_homepage-v1.jpg 02_homepage-v2.jpg 03_blog.jpg 04_single.jpg etc. But I suppose it’s okay if you name them preview1 preview2, even tho I think it might influence the titles of the images in the Screenshots section later.
Cheers and good luck!
First of all thanks for your reply, but I need more information about the needed description on the uploading process.
We have read that (Your description must accurately describe all elements of your main file) and we need to know the following:
1) The description on the upload process should be HTML or normal text ?
2) If we need to put Theme description that will be shown in theme preview page, it should be HTML or not and what is the correct naming for it ?
Thanks in Advance
You can use HTML in the description, but only basic. Basically it’s same as in forum posts here: http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/262
As for the preview, you don’t need to put any html files in the zip file (only screenshots). The live theme preview needs to be hosted on your server and you put the link to it inside the Demo URL field when submitting your theme.
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.