298 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
lou606 says

Hi guys, just want to know your experience about it. I have 5 sale reversals for 35 sales. Thats a 17,5 % rate. Don’t you think it’s too much ?! , or do you experience the same ? I am furious thinking that my work has been taken as freebies, hours and hours of work. I’ m a 5 weeks old author, and Envato disapoints me. I’ve been searching in forums , and it seems that Envato’s conclusion is that they can’t do anything and such is life. i’ m very upset…. I thought this marketplace was safer than any other. well, bad thought of mine. It’s the worst…

502 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
hueyangdesigns says

Wow that sucks Lou. I’ve gotten a total of 3 sales reversals out of currently 134 sales and it feels bad when I see my work for free. So that is why I have always been hesitant to put up work on here. What I have been doing is using graphicriver as sort of another portfolio to get freelance work outside of graphicrvier. It has been working out great for me, where I get paid for my work and not a couple sales and then its up for free. I also work full time, so for now graphicriver is just some extra cash.

Also, as with all sites where you sell digital files, there’s always a risk of piracy. I have to say that I can’t fully blame Envato, it’s a risk we take. I do wish this place were safer, but eh, it is what it is.

Best of luck.

139 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+3 more
Viral-Legacy says

Don’t let any sales reversals deter you from your goals. I have had a few sales reversals, one this month, and I just got to not let it affect my day or routine, though that is easier said than done. Just keep working hard and hopefully things turn for the better for you. I hope so :)

298 posts
+2 more
lou606 says

Thanks Huey, yeah 3 out of 134, i could very easily accept that, and viral legacy, i could accept 1 in a month as well :) . BUT I ’ MSPEAKING OF 5 OUT OF 35. 17,5 %!!!!! it’s a very high rate i think. Thanks anyway guys to put my head up.

924 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+5 more
joiaco says

Ouch! i too feel that pain, lou606. When i got my first reversal i felt like i had been robbed! Hopefully some good people in positions of power are coming up with ideas to fix this scam. A suggestion from me is that you make other items for your portfolio too; flyers and mockups seem to be the most stolen items.

1409 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
IngeniousArtist says

When i get sale reversals i get sad too :(
especially when its from an item whose sale was last month… but i think of the guy whose paypal got hacked and his loss and even though the hacker got the files, i feel relieved that his account was disabled and so has to open a new one to buy more. I don’t like to search for my files, its very boring and makes me feel more sad. So i just keep making new items and check out every new sale i get :grin:
Do not worry, you are doing what you love and they take it from you because your work is good, they will one day make you famous 8-)
many people will not go to warez sites for these stuffs because they know how precious a license and our support is, that’s why people come here :)
So cheer up and do what you want to do, treat each item like its your new best work :smitten:

502 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
hueyangdesigns says

@ IA,

Awesome attitude buddy! Yeap let’s not let sales reversals or other things (that shouldn’t me mentioned in forums) get in our way and keep making great stuff and one day the actual sales will outweigh the sales reversals BY A LOT! :)

1409 posts
+4 more
IngeniousArtist says

@ IA, Awesome attitude buddy! Yeap let’s not let sales reversals or other things (that shouldn’t me mentioned in forums) get in our way and keep making great stuff and one day the actual sales will outweigh the sales reversals BY A LOT! :)

You are absolutely right :)
one day there will be a solution for these reversals, but by that time i think we won’t even need to give a damn 8-)
Envato is a great community and has a lot of flexibility for authors who just like to relax and make something new :grin: so im not leaving this place for one sale reversal, im gonna fight and keep my position :smitten:

220 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
TheVibeColours says

I’ve got one sale reversal , but I keep going to work :) . Sincerely who make a reversal , is not in position to be & work like me or you :)

717 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+2 more
snkart says

From what i understand, one the file was downloaded you can’t make a sale reversal.

by
by
by
by
by
by