223 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • France
lou606 says

I know and thanks to all of you for encouraging me. But it’s not about 1 reversal, but about almost 20 % of my earnings which are reversals. i m totally aware that selling online has its risks and i accept that of course, i just think that in my case they are way too many…

653 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Romania
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
snkart says

I know and thanks to all of you for encouraging me. But it’s not about 1 reversal, but about almost 20 % of my earnings which are reversals. i m totally aware that selling online has its risks and i accept that of course, i just think that in my case they are way too many…

A sale reversal means that the buyer wasn’t that happy how your flyer or whatever he bought or he saw something better. So for me a sale reversal would make me think and want to make higher quality work. You don’t have to feel too bad for a sale reversal, just think about them as signs for you that you need to take your work to the next level. Hope i helped!

Cheers!

223 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • France
lou606 says

I disagree with you. What you are speaking about is a refund , which is completely different an d i have none. A sale reversal is the result of a cancel or disputed payment, enforced by the payment gateway or bank, nothing related with quality work.

72 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Europe
ArtBeatDesigns says

Don’t worry Lou! Some people will never understand, how it feels to click on the Upload button here and get your products approved. For them stealing is much easier…. And once your file is approved… that means quality (that’s the goal of the review system). So keep up with the good work, and don’t be upset. :-) By the way i totally agree with you, this sale reversal is a very #&@[]|* up situation But think about how much money Envato looses with this…. i think we’re talking about thousands and thousands of dollars. Why is this good for them? I don’t know…it’s their business. Not to mention loosing authors day by day… Hopefully there will be a solution soon. I trust in Envato :-)

234 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
GiorgioVoulioti says

A sale reversal means that the buyer wasn’t that happy how your flyer or whatever he bought or he saw something better. So for me a sale reversal would make me think and want to make higher quality work. You don’t have to feel too bad for a sale reversal, just think about them as signs for you that you need to take your work to the next level. Hope i helped!

Cheers!

Lou606 is talking about sale reversals not refunds! Totally different things! Sale reversal is that someone likes your item -> buys it from a stolen paypal (or credit card) account -> downloads the file -> uploads it to “free” piracy websites (?) -> the original paypal (or credit card) account holder notices the transaction he did not made -> declares it as an unauthorised transaction -> gets his money back -> you (mostly) and envato lose -> the hacker wins! END OF STORY!

Lou don’t get too upset, keep creating and hope for better (anti-piracy) days! I know it is a very high rate you have but I strongly believe that somehow this trend will decrease in the future! I only got 1 reversal so far but I know I wont be lucky forever, plus my 3 items so far can be found everywhere and this is the most disappointing part to me…

1151 posts
  • Romania
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
SomethingDesign says

Hi Lou606. When sale reversal happens the best thing is to hardly promote your items to stay on top of google search (and got some referrals too). Also you can change some items tags with some more unique words.

3121 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Won a Competition
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+2 more
ToivoMedia says

Lou, was each sale reversal for a different flyer? I’m guessing that a lot of new flyers will get one sale reversal soon after they are uploaded. But hopefully in the long term you will find they won’t get any more reversals. It does suck, but I think that after a few months you will have a much smaller percentage of reversals.

4585 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
+7 more
KingDog Staff says

Please see this thread for all the details about sales reversals – http://graphicriver.net/forums/thread/update-dealing-with-reversed-purchases-/96939

Thanks!

by
by
by
by
by
by