250 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
simnor says

I was wondering the exact same thing when I saw it, would like to know if we can do that as well, would really improve how the design looks if we had appropriate pics in.

2529 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Blog Editor
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
JeffreyWay says

No – the author does not have the rights to use those images. I will notify the reviewer of that template immediately. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

78 posts
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Romania
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
adiacone says

Jeffrey, don’t bother, I’m updating the preview site as we speak.

@DDStudios, @simnor: Thanks for the “support”, guys! Your warm welcome makes me think that you and I are gonna be best friends for sure!

4317 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Community Moderator
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Venezuela
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
+9 more
Ivor Reviewer says
Jeffrey, don’t bother, I’m updating the preview site as we speak. @DDStudios, @simnor: Thanks for the “support”, guys! Your warm welcome makes me think that you and I are gonna be best friends for sure!

Hey c’mon dude, that happens :) don’t worry you can use this http://themeforest.net/page/asset_library instead of this http://bit.ly/1wpDsT

cheers..!

78 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Romania
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
adiacone says

@ipad: Thanks for the tip! I know about the library, but I’ll stick with the generic image for now. I’ll probably use the theme on a few of my blogs, using my own images and I’ll post the link then. But I need to have more articles. :)

Now that I updated the preview, I’m more relaxed. Nothing personal really! Is just that the Envato folks run a smooth operation for years, so they can figure things out. No need for finger pointing, right?

4317 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Community Moderator
  • Venezuela
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
+9 more
Ivor Reviewer says
@ipad: Thanks for the tip! I know about the library, but I’ll stick with the generic image for now. I’ll probably use the theme on a few of my blogs, using my own images and I’ll post the link then. But I need to have more articles. :) Now that I updated the preview, I’m more relaxed. Nothing personal really! Is just that the Envato folks run a smooth operation for years, so they can figure things out. No need for finger pointing, right?

Totally agree!

1579 posts Chris Robinson
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+5 more
contempoinc says

@DD – you should email Jeffrey or support directly about things like this, no need to call other authors out in a public forum, just outta courtesy. If yah would have emailed support directly about a violation you woulda got a spiffy little sheriff star badge ;)

2263 posts Bird is the word..
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
jonathan01 says

just want to throw my 2 cents in please – not pointing fingers (and so I will not post links) but I was on the other forum post where DDStudios mentioned 3 other designs by the same author and Jeffrey you said that sometimes things slip through – but this time you have asked the author to change his images – yet the other 3 templates are still available – seems like a double standards – if one has to change – then all should change surely?

2541 posts
  • United States
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+4 more
CreatingDrew says
just want to throw my 2 cents in please – not pointing fingers (and so I will not post links) but I was on the other forum post where DDStudios mentioned 3 other designs by the same author and Jeffrey you said that sometimes things slip through – but this time you have asked the author to change his images – yet the other 3 templates are still available – seems like a double standards – if one has to change – then all should change surely?
This doesn’t have to be complicated guys. Sometimes things happen. If you see a theme or template that you think is using images that are not allowed, send support an email and get a little badge while you’re at it. Simple as that :)
by
by
by
by
by
by