4253 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+14 more
Enabled Volunteer moderator says

Complaints I and many others have regarding the forums usage, please read them, it seems the forums have gone crazy!

• 1. Nice avatar! Use Off Topic! This is subliminal advertising so go for twitter.
  • 2. Nice, new badge! Use Off Topic! Thank your buyers there, still, this is advertising!
  • 3. Awesome, you’re a sheriff now! Then investigate in silence, or again, use the Off Topic…
  • 4. UAU !!! CHECK OUT THIS LINK !!! Again, that’s off topic, not item discussion, is that link for sale on Envato? No? Then it’s off topic!
  • 5. Google is moving out of China?Apple launches the new iNuke with touchscreen?! Good news, OFF TOPIC !!! It’s ENVATO not BBC or CNN !
  • 6. I got a new gadget/thingy/template/site/song/business card/pc/. Really cool, that’s Off Topic as well. Else it’s advertising, not fair to others!
  • 7. “JOHN DOE Please help me with my file”. Use Item Discussions! It’s faster, or send the author an e-mail.
  • 8. Stop posting the same thing 9 times. If you don`t get an answer that means you will not get an answer ever. Maybe a few curses for filling the forums with spam!
  • 9. What’s your opinion on … … … … that is OFF TOPIC ! We all love iMacs and iPhones. Do you see iPhones for sale on Envato? No?! Then it’s OFF TOPIC !
  • 10. Stop posting links to items, they are deleted daily by the duzines, didn’t you figure it out yet? Advertise on twitter or facebook!
  • Let’s at least try to keep the forums on subjects related to the Envato marketplaces, really. It’s starting to become a mess, just check the forums out on a regular day, out of a page filled of topics, one is related to the marketplaces, the rest are all SPAM !

I meant to cause no offence with this topic, but it’s all going nuts!

18 posts
    • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
    • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
    • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
    • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
    chillyorange says

Maybe cut back on the drama just a tid bit?

I look at the main forum page several times per day and I think your statements are a bit exaggerated; I don’t notice that much spam at all.

Besides, Envato has a whole bunch of moderators who do a good job at keeping things neat and organized.

+14 more
    Maybe cut back on the drama just a tid bit?

I look at the main forum page several times per day and I think your statements are a bit exaggerated; I don’t notice that much spam at all.

Besides, Envato has a whole bunch of moderators who do a good job at keeping things neat and organized.

Maybe on TF :) Look on AD :) Indeed moderators rock :) but still, it’s up to us to keep it clean in the first place don`t you think?

18 posts
    chillyorange says

Ah, I see. You were referring to the AD forums… Could be that those are a bit messier then the TF ones…

189 posts
    • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
    • Has referred 1+ members
    • Located in Australia
    • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
    +3 more
    mbudm says

I think that the small number of replies to obviously inappropriate topics is a good natural filter – these threads quickly disappear. And if a seemingly off topic thread does get a lot of replies them so be it, perhaps it’s ok to let discussions that are popular thrive.

I don’t think there is a terribly major problem with our forums overall… Especially compared to the majority of online communities.

831 posts
    • Has referred 1+ members
    +3 more
    tigerlabs says

+1 enabled.

I don’t like spam. :)

LeatherwingStudios
    LeatherwingStudios Recent Posts Threads Started
    550 posts
    • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
    • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
    • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
    +1 more
    LeatherwingStudios says

@Enabled, +1

7372 posts
    • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
    • Located in Europe
    +5 more
    doru says

good list,

but this is a forum where is difficult to “give them a BAN ” :( (don’t ask why, there’s an why so don’t blame envato)

+14 more
    good list, but this is a forum where is difficult to “give them a BAN ” :( (don’t ask why, there’s an why so don’t blame envato)

Can’t ban them? Then delete the frekin` topic and issue a warning

3135 posts
    • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
    +4 more
    Daniel_R says
    good list, but this is a forum where is difficult to “give them a BAN ” :( (don’t ask why, there’s an why so don’t blame envato)
    Can’t ban them? Then delete the frekin` topic and issue a warning

im sorry to say I disagree with your opinons…..search for the word “community”

by
    by
    by
    by
    by
    by