4146 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
+9 more
Enabled Volunteer moderator says
good list, but this is a forum where is difficult to “give them a BAN ” :( (don’t ask why, there’s an why so don’t blame envato)
Can’t ban them? Then delete the frekin` topic and issue a warning
im sorry to say I disagree with your opinons…..search for the word “community”

Indeed, but let me ask you something, when you go shopping for sugar and rice, you tell the teller you bought ya`self a new iMac? or the teller tels you she bought a new Audi A8 ? Just curious…

I’m sorry but I just said one thing, move the chit chat to Off Topic! :) leave the topics breath.

905 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • United States
unchartedrealms says

If the customer or teller do happen to say something to each other do you tell them hay you cant say that,this is not the place for chit chat?

If it is somewhere I shop once a week then yes I talk with the teller.

64 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
Kiss_Collective says
If the customer or teller do happen to say something to each other do you tell them hay you cant say that,this is not the place for chit chat? If it is somewhere I shop once a week then yes I talk with the teller.

Absolutely. Me too. In fact the only reason I’d go back to any place once a week is because I like/trust the people who hang out there. I want to know what the word on the street is. I want to interact with fellow human beings. I want to run some of my thoughts by other people, see if I’m right or wrong. I want to share stuff with people. I want the people I like to share stuff with me. I’m prepared to listen if other people will listen to me. I’m prepared for some banter on topics that I might not be 100% interested in, who knows I might actually learn something new that way. As ZonadeArte already said, it’s called COMMUNITY ! @Enabled…Guess what? Community exists on the Web too! Isn’t that crazy?! Even more crazy is that it’s been around since the late 70’s. Ever heard of a little thing called USENET ?

4247 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
Aw_Shucks says
Indeed, but let me ask you something, when you go shopping for sugar and rice, you tell the teller you bought ya`self a new iMac? or the teller tels you she bought a new Audi A8 ? Just curious… I’m sorry but I just said one thing, move the chit chat to Off Topic! :) leave the topics breath.

Why, oh why is a forum (or this site in general), always getting these strange and most likely irrelevant business comparisons? A forum is a forum man. Its used for discussions. And so what if a lot of us don’t have much better to do. What’s the harm in sharing some conversations about the new phones people have, or the new computers? These websites wouldn’t be possible without computers. More importantly, these conversations usually end up being about how to incorporate some sort of web related content or application on those devices, and how they can be used. Future and present, even if it is compared to the past, some conversations like these can be beneficial in keeping up to date with the things we interact with. This isn’t a place to sit in a car, test drive it a few blocks, then buy it with a loan you got from the bank. Know what I’m saying?

1660 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
+4 more
flashedge says

I’ve seen worser boards. This one is still enjoyable and clean. There is really nothing to complain about. :)

1685 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Europe
+1 more
Firsh says

Agree. Especially with point 7.

348 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • India
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Shaan_007 says

Well some thread are really useless but others are good and currently everything is fine on AD’s forum…

And at these kinds of thread you get much interactions with buyers also.

BTW there exists a similar thread for this kind of problem “Forum is getting messed everyday” you could have posted your problem there.. why making a new thread to mess it more?

5311 posts The Dude Abides
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+5 more
CodingJack says

The AD forums used to be great for discussing code but I’m afraid that for whatever reason a lot of people seem to have stopped posting. Maybe we need an Actionscript category and a way to select a default category when you enter the forums (but I think this is being discussed). But like Shucks said, off-topic stuff is also what forums are about.

4146 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
+9 more
Enabled Volunteer moderator says

you are not getting the point my friends. let me rephrase that.

USE OFFTOPIC !!!!

I love to chit chat, but use the Off topic, try to keep the rest strictly marketplace info, that way people see the pro side, if they want to see the chat side the click off topic. This way the quality of everything, speed of response toward customers improves DRASTICALLY

348 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • India
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Shaan_007 says
you are not getting the point my friends. let me rephrase that.

USE OFFTOPIC !!!!

I love to chit chat, but use the Off topic, try to keep the rest strictly marketplace info, that way people see the pro side, if they want to see the chat side the click off topic. This way the quality of everything, speed of response toward customers improves DRASTICALLY

+1 i think forum should be divided into two parts “off topics” and “important/related topics”

BTW enabled.. I remember you made a chatroom for envanto which is showing 404 error… That chatroom is very good for chit chat and discussing off topic things.. I think envato should make an official chatroom or something like that to make forums more clean and professional :)

by
by
by
by
by
by