876 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
AndySlatter Envato team says

Adrien started a very useful thread giving some fantastic advice on how to construct your track descriptions here: http://audiojungle.net/forums/thread/easy-quality-descriptions-for-everyone/34073

As a reviewer I often notice that some authors struggle with constructing keywords into a sentence, so I was wondering if it might be useful to start a list of some of the phrases that are useful and often used in constructiong a professional looking description. Whilst I wouldn’t want all descriptions to sound formulaic, I’m hoping this could be helpful to those authors who struggle with the English language.

Here are a few common lines that I use, please add to this:

This track is written in a …... style

The mood of this track is….....

Guitars and percussion are combined in this track in a ….... style

This track would be ideal as ….....

This track could be useful as….....

This might sound really obvious stuff, but please join in, I think this could be useful! Thanks,

Andy.

QuadraphonixAssociation
QuadraphonixAssociation Recent Posts Threads Started
1043 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
QuadraphonixAssociation says

It sounds obviously but nevertheless it’s useful, thanks Andy :-)

164 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+4 more
cleanmindsounds says

Very useful topic for those who use the Google translator )))))))

931 posts Go Acoustic!
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
jhunger says

Thanks for the suggestions, Andy!

English is my first language but for some reason I get serious writer’s block when trying to put together song descriptions, so anything helps.

2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Russian Federation
Nochnoiliven says

The Subject good. Did Not refuse from help in percent Can who that ????Q? on itself this problem

262 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
W3llm4n says

Thanks for the suggestions, Andy! English is my first language but for some reason I get serious writer’s block when trying to put together song descriptions, so anything helps.

Hahahahah well if you have that kind of problem.. just think about me.. I learned English watching TV LoL hehhehehe :-D

This topic is very helpful, indeed!

Thanks!

139 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+4 more
abir187 says

great idea this would be good for the newbies

:) +1

876 posts
+9 more

I think it is fair to say that some people may still be struggling with this, so firstly I’d like to remind everyone of Adrien’s thread which describes how to construct a description around the keywords which are relevent to your file: http://audiojungle.net/forums/thread/easy-quality-descriptions-for-everyone/34073

In addition, for anyone who is struggling to connect these words up and form them into a sentence or two, my personal advice would be:

Try to write at least a couple of sentences which describe:

1. The mood of the track, for example: “This track has a happy and positive feel” or “This track has a dark and ominous feel”

2. The style of the track, for example: “The track is written in a new age style” or “This track is in a rock style”

3. The instruments used in the track, for example: “This track uses guitars, bass and synth” or “Synths and electronic drums are used in this track”

4. How you think the track could be used, for example: “This track could be useful for film and TV, as the background music on a website, or for corporate video” or “This track would be great for use in games”

The important thing then is to include all this information and make it into a couple of sentences which describe your track.

Perhaps it may help you if you make yourself a template and then adapt it to each song, your template could look like this:

“This track has a (insert a word which describes mood) feel, it is written in a (insert a word which describes the musical style/genre) style, it uses (insert names of instruments) and could be useful in (insert words which describe what the music would be useful for) ”

So if for instance, if you have a synth based New Age track, using the above template you could describe it like so:

“This track has a happy and positive feel, it is written in a new age style, it uses synths and electronic drums and could be useful in films, TV, or websites.

I hope you find this useful, good luck!

Andy.

QuadraphonixAssociation
QuadraphonixAssociation Recent Posts Threads Started
1043 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
+6 more
QuadraphonixAssociation says

Yes Andy, it is very useful! It simplifies in many cases the writing of a song description in general. Often it happened to me that I have uploaded a track and didn’t really know what to write about it or just didn’t know how to start. I used your guide several times, now it goes quickly ;-) Thanks again for summing up your ideas and suggestions!

Cheers,

Ulf

876 posts
+9 more

Yes Andy, it is very useful! It simplifies in many cases the writing of a song description in general. Often it happened to me that I have uploaded a track and didn’t really know what to write about it or just didn’t know how to start. I used your guide several times, now it goes quickly ;-) Thanks again for summing up your ideas and suggestions!

Cheers,

Ulf

No problem Ulf, thanks.

by
by
by
by
by
by