Hello everyone. I am a new author on codecanyon but my 4 plugins have been already approved .
My latest plugin is “Map on Post/Page ” for WordPress.
I made it with a great hope and this tool is actually useful for everyone. So easy to install and use. People are also getting interested but they are not buying it.
What may be possible reason behind that??? What can be done to increase sale???
You’re not allowed to promote your items in the forum.. but most of the time, people keep a wish list of things they plan to purchase. There are a few other reasons..
- they do not have an immediate use for it (other stuff to get first)
- they do not see enough information about the item, or do not understand the description
- there are others like it that are cheaper or more well established
- the tool is not useful or interesting to them
- they do not like the rating or comments
When you have an item that’s similar to others that are available, it’s a good idea to see if the others are selling. There have been a couple of items I did not upload because a similar item was not selling well.
Treat each item you post as a product your delivering to a retail store. Display it with pride, showcase it’s features with elegance and brand the heck out of it. Market to a global audience, men and women, and people of all ages. It can be difficult for some scripts, but spending the extra time to tie your product in with something that can appeal to all of those people will definitely help your sales.
Thanks to both of your for your worthy suggestions. I will be looking forward with great hope.
@mesunil2010: I would suggest to spend more time on your presention for your items. Add more and better descriptions/ use cases. Why not add some screenshots also to the description? Make better preview & thumbnail graphics. Improve your personal profile presentation (graphics!).
This could be one factor more for improvement.
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.