68 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
jota_themes says

Hello guys,

I just found my theme in this user’s profile in behance, https://www.behance.net/monathemes

I noticed she / he has a lot of other themeforest themes, I don’t know what’s the move here..what she is trying to accomplish but I wasn’t requested to have the theme in there, and I guess many others where not as well.

Just wanted to let you guys know. If this seems like normal or acceptable to you let me know..I just reported my theme. but maybe more radical stuff could be done since there are a lot of themes in there..

3576 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

That entire account should be suspended!

I think the reason is for referrals: http://themeforest.net/user/monalisa387

200 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Has referred 10+ members
+1 more
An-Themes says

Hi There,

Go to the bottom, and you’ll see that “she” is sharing with the community the best themes with her affiliate link, a good business for her and a good business for you! I don’t see any problem here, just that you’ll get more traffic and luckily a new customer.

Cheers :)

112 posts
  • Located in Slovenia
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+1 more
maartin says

I’ve seen a lot of similar stuff in last months and its quite obvious with ?ref=monalisa387 at the end of the link. You can either let him do his “refferal program” or ask him to remove it. It’s a no-brainer for elite authors I guess, but the ones finding their on TF could benefit from it. There are a lot nastier things people do to get traffic for your item (and their paycheck) :D

3576 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

Hi There, Go to the bottom, and you’ll see that “she” is sharing with the community the best themes with her affiliate link, a good business for her and a good business for you! I don’t see any problem here, just that you’ll get more traffic and luckily a new customer.

That is not what Behance is for. I’ve just submitted a DCMA against the account. It’ll hopefully go down entirely.

200 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 10+ members
+1 more
An-Themes says

^ That’s something else, indeed.

4 posts
  • Located in United Kingdom
esr360 says

Hi There, Go to the bottom, and you’ll see that “she” is sharing with the community the best themes with her affiliate link, a good business for her and a good business for you! I don’t see any problem here, just that you’ll get more traffic and luckily a new customer.
That is not what Behance is for. I’ve just submitted a DCMA against the account. It’ll hopefully go down entirely.

Very true, behance is for sharing YOUR OWN work, not a social site for sharing things you’ve found in an attempt to get profit. Might not be against the law or against Theme Forest TOS, but it’s still wrong imo.

68 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+1 more
jota_themes says

Although I appreciate the extra visits on my theme’s page, I have to agree behance is not for this..Imagine my face when I was posting my own Design searching some keywords and finding that the Design was already there posted by this user with a comment “Nice work”. It’s a bit weird..to say the least. I agree the account should be blocked as what she is doing in behance is posting other peoples work as her own. Nevermind what the intention is. that is what is happening in there..nobody there knows about this affiliate stuff.

An-Themes, I could not find this message that she is sharing the community with her affiliate link..What I do see is comments like “Great work, Good job” and responses like “Thank you.”. I don’t really care all that much but some people might care a bit more than me and they are right to protect their work.even if it costs 20 dollars from 1 or 2 sells..

1 post
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
+1 more
MathijsLemmers says

Just found this profile: https://www.behance.net/creativewebthemes

Think he/she is doing the same thing. I contacted him/her but no response yet. If I don’t get a response in a few days I will report it.

I totally agree that this is not where Behance is for

61 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Located in Romania
+2 more
varcolac1000 says

Just found this profile: https://www.behance.net/creativewebthemes

Think he/she is doing the same thing. I contacted him/her but no response yet. If I don’t get a response in a few days I will report it.

I totally agree that this is not where Behance is for

Yep, same thing with Themeforest and Mojo themes.

by
by
by
by
by
by