• Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
VProxy says

Hello Friends,

I have a question….

Is it allowed to use the 3D models purchased here to be used in Videohive Projects and Motion Graphics Elements??. The models will be prerendered so that only the output video will be included in the Template & Motiongraphics.

If it is allowed what kind of license is needed?

Do i have to get permission from the author?

From the extended License terms i think it is allowed. But i want to be sure before i purchase any Models.

136 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
tomislavn says

Hmm, I think the extended license might allow it. Not quite sure though :) Let’s better wait for staff reply!

7 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
loopcut says

I believe that you may use it since you don’t sell the original product. You just re-produce it for single use.

As tomislavn said it is better to wait for official answer :)

2281 posts Community Team
  • Envato Staff
  • Community Ambassador
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Won a Competition
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
+13 more
contrastblack Staff says

In the usage scenario you described, an extended license would be needed, provided that you don’t include the 3D model in your downloads, and only the rendered output.

Also please note that it is a single-use license, meaning that you can create a single product after purchase, and you’d need to buy multiple licenses if you have several projects in plan.

To my knowledge, you wouldn’t be required to ask permission from the Author, as you’re not including the actual contents of their product, but I would strongly advise you contact support via http://support.envato.com and ask about this beforehand to confirm.

That being said, you can view a really handy overview of our licensing options here: http://3docean.net/licenses and http://3docean.net/licenses/extended respectively.

Thanks!

117 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
VProxy says

Thank you for the Info.

Anyway i will contact the support for the confirmation.

117 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
VProxy says

I got back from the support and i was told that i can’t simply purchase a license to use any item in another item which i will be selling here in the marketplaces. I need to get a written (email) permission from the author or the author should have mentioned it in the item description allowing this kind of usage.

Though these license terms don’t cover my scenario as well 3DOcean. Because they work more easily for other marketplaces where you might be including the item in your project. Here i’m going to use only the rendered output and not the 3DModel itself. But all the articles pointed from support as well others don’t have this kind of scenario. They don’t even have a separate faq section for 3D Ocean.

So i would be really interested to know what thoughts you guys have on this. Are you guys interested in allowing videohive authors to use your models?. If so why don’t you guys state it in your description. This may bring some more traffic to 3DOcean from videohive authors alone.

Now i see you guys are planning on adding Element3D Models category in 3DOcean. Not many videohive authors will be interested in buying them if you are not allowing them to use it in their Projects.

With this current license terms we need permission from 3DOcean authors. If you add them to your description by default it will be easy for the videohive authors to use your models.

• Envato Staff
  • Community Ambassador
  • Won a Competition
  • Beta Tester
+13 more
contrastblack Staff says

I’ll look into it for you and ask the appropriate staff member for clarification. Thank you for your patience and sorry for the added delay.

Later edit:

Just following up on this, I’ve had a chance to ask the appropriate Staff and the information Support provided is accurate, which just confirms that my initial suggestion to point you towards Support was correct :)

To clarify: Rendered frames from 3D items are treated as the 3D item itself. As such, usage in another marketplace item download (in this case a VH item) by another author is not permitted.

That being said however, should you wish to make use of 3DOcean models in a VH file, you would be able to purchase an extended license, and obtain a written permission from the original author. I do however recommend you contact the author prior to purchasing the extended license. You can read more about that in this exact section of the FAQ: http://themeforest.net/licenses/faq#small-element-stock-a

All in all, it’s just an added step of asking for permission before actually using the item, and also buying the Extended license.

Thank you once more for your patience.

136 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
tomislavn says

Thank you for being helpful once again :)

I just wanted to add here that I have added written permission to my Element3D models. So that anyone who wants to use my models in their Videohive project can do it if they buy an extended license.

Thank you :)

• Envato Staff
  • Community Ambassador
  • Won a Competition
  • Beta Tester
+13 more
contrastblack Staff says

Thank you for being helpful once again :)

I just wanted to add here that I have added written permission to my Element3D models. So that anyone who wants to use my models in their Videohive project can do it if they buy an extended license.

Thank you :)

That’s what I’m here for!

Good idea with the written permission, it saves those interested in using your models for this purpose a lot of time, and in result increases your potential market :)

117 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
VProxy says

Hi, Thank you for clarifying things up for me.

by
by
by
by
by
by