183 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • South Africa
modernworldweb says

Hi there

I was wondering if there are any restrictions with regards to submitting templates designed with a wordpress them generator? If so, what are the ‘laws’?

Thanks a lot! :)

168 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
Fuel99 says

I have no experience using any cod generator or whatsoever, i think if in the end your is clean, readable and conform the standards we have it’s no problem.

183 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • South Africa
modernworldweb says

951 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Netherlands
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Daan says

Just think, no computer can think as logical as a human brain ;)

3135 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Won a Competition
Daniel_R says
Just think, no computer can think as logical as a human brain ;)

true….

I think I know what you mean by a WP Gen. I’ve tried some plugins before that takes a photoshop layout to WP but they are not really powerful.

The best way to go here anyways (as I buyer I am) if you want to sell is go hand coded, in my opinion. Quality is so important for us.

Have a good day.

183 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • South Africa
modernworldweb says

all respect to those who code from scratch – BIG PROPS TO YOU . But at the same time with technology improving there are tools available that save a lot of time and are easy to use. Where time is money, such tools are really useful as WYSIWYG wordpress generators/creators reduce the work load… think about html editors such as dreamweaver – with all these tools available why not use them if they product just a good results… I mean, of course they might not be able to do EVERY -SINGLE-LITTLE-THING and that’s where you can use your coding skills to ‘ice the cake’ so to speak :)

629 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • United States
VagrantRadio says

Because Dreamweaver and these so-called generators insert invalid markup and don’t have the logic to semantically markup a page correctly let alone create custom functions.

Besides, how are you supposed to learn anything letting a generator do everything for you? If that’s the case I’ll get my mom a copy of Dreamweaver and she can call herself a “web designer” too!

194 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • United States
digitonik says
If that’s the case I’ll get my mom a copy of Dreamweaver and she can call herself a “web designer” too!

hah! :)

I agree it seems easy and you may fell like you can hurl out designs like crazy using a generator, but… as quality is an important factor wouldn’t you rather have a few designs that sell like hotcakes instead of dozens of really crappy ones?

I personally get more satisfaction out of coding everything myself. Especially when sales are good and your customers compliment you on the quality of code and design.

630 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
RobbyDesigns says

If you’re talking about ‘Artisteer’ then I’d be careful since it doesn’t seem to allow you to start sthg from scratch – only work on the themes that come with it.

741 posts
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Poland
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
Orbital_Themes says
Hi there

I was wondering if there are any restrictions with regards to submitting templates designed with a wordpress them generator? If so, what are the ‘laws’?

Thanks a lot! :)

ThemeForest reviewers don’t care how have you achieved certain things (with code generator or by hand-coding) as long as code is valid, clear and semantic. However, you have to believe me that no generator can output such valid markup, and thus your theme most probably won’t get accepted if you create it with some sort of WYSIWYG editor.

by
by
by
by
by
by