176 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+4 more
Denoizzed says

Would love to know the answer too, please post it there. Thanks in advance!

1028 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
ThemeBlvd says

Interesting… look what happens when you try to contact TF support about licensing:

My take is that if you’re breaking some sort of license agreement with an item, it’d be up to the author of that item to file a claim with TF. Authors own the rights to all of their submitted content.

So, if you have consent from an ActiveDen author and you’re using their files in a theme on TF, they’re not going to be filing any claim with TF. They’ve give you permission to use their work that they own the copyright for. So, I don’t believe you’ll have a problem. This is my take and I’m personally moving forward with that stance.

1625 posts Building the Web.
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+7 more
ZoomIt says

AD components with ext. licence can be used in your AD templates no problem, so I don’t see why it couldn’t be used in TF templates as well.

1028 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
ThemeBlvd says
See here:
Important Notes
Flash items purchased under a regular or extended license may NOT be used within other Envato marketplace items.

http://wiki.envato.com/buying/licenses-buying/activeden-regular-and-extended-license-usage-examples/

Because of that ^

5325 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says

I think ActiveDen should reconsider allowing specific file types on TF. Mainly banners and video players.

3007 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
duotive says

I think ActiveDen should reconsider allowing specific file types on TF. Mainly banners and video players.

+1 but what we say here dose not matter. i dont think they will take it in consideration..

176 posts
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Denoizzed says

I’ve written a message to the support wjere I explained I’ve contacted the author and that’s what I got:

We have an article on the wiki that describes what files can and can’t be included in your item here: http://wiki.envato.com/selling/tips-selling/what-images-videos-illustrations-or-music-can-i-use-in-my-items/

Also, it may be better for you and the other author if you simply include the item in your preview and say in your description that the other item is required to achieve that functionality or something like that.

Now if you open that link there is a line:

Only certain categories allow an extended license of an item to be used in a website template on ActiveDen or ThemeForest. If you’d like to use an item on the marketplaces in your own item for sale, you should check the Extended License Usage Examples for that item. If the list includes Website Item For Resale (including on ThemeForest or ActiveDen), then you may use an extended license for this purpose.

I’ve checked my file on ActiveDen and it isn’t allow to include it into ThemeForest template. Files on CodeCanyon allow to be included so I assume we can freely include items only from CodeCanyon, not ActiveDen.

P.S. Notice they didn’t say it for sure :). They said ‘it may be better’ but no clear ‘yes’ or ‘not’.

by
by
by
by
by
by