3135 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Daniel_R says

Hello creative nation! How are you all? I hope you all are doing amazing!

I want to share some ideas that came up from a conversation I had with a successful GR author.

He’s a very talented designer and recently came to sell to GR, having a great success. I instantly noticed his files, and hit the purchase buttom. After exchanging emails, he told me a little more about how he does his amazing work and it came out he used AE for things like:

backgrounds
    bokehs
    streaks
    stars
    trails
    glows

and some more…

I know some of the obvious inconveniences when designing with AE but it also can be a good combo with Photoshop to create nice files like posters, web backgrounds, flyers, etc.

I tought it was a very clever idea. So my suggestion would be you guys explore this venue as a new way to increase sales …in other Envato marketplaces.

Right now, I’m exploring some sales ideas, test & trial with some GR authors. You may think, why are you interested in selling if you dont have any files on your portfolio? Well, I like to explore new e-marketing techniques or so.

What do you guys think?

============================================================ Extra tips

Some authors around here completly depend on VH as a way of income but let me tell ya there are more ways to make money besides selling AE projects:

Write tutorials for the AEtuts. You can also pay some advertisement there with a link to your portfolio. This site has a lot of daily traffic.

Write articles (you will need to practice your writing skills) for the freelanceswitch or workawesome.Your article needs to be review and the site editor will finally decide if your article would be post (that’s when you actually get paid) but its worth trying.

Most of you guys are really good with Photoshop as well. Write tuts for the PSDtuts, or create files for GraphicriverIt can be hard as well to get good sales due to the fact of originality and high quality standards besides GR is the hardest marketplace to see a good profit.

==============================================================

I understand there are also some disadvantages when selling in multiple marketplaces but I will leave the conversation open to read your thoughts.

3135 posts
+4 more
Daniel_R says

If you would like to take a look at the GR author portfolio mentioned above (if its ok with the mods) just send me a message through my profile.

449 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
Final_Step says
Flash was one of my first programms that i learned and started to use it for everything that you can and can not imagine. Once i made a CD cover design for a client in Flash. LOL When we got to the printing house they were looking at me with one of those strange looks. But we managed to actually print that CD

Before Flash I used Paint for everything static and Powerpoint for my first steps in MotionGraphic. Still remember that first cartoon about “a guy who CAN move his arms/legs”. Talking about Paint it was back in those days when i didn’t know what is Undo – which means if you do something wrong – either try to erase it with the eraser or star all over again. :D Ehhhh. Childhood.

A slight offtopic but this came into my mind when thinking about non-traditional uses of particular software. At that time I was not aware of AE though. That would be a great replacement for Motion Graphicing in PowerPoint. :))

Lovely story xD

And now you are a success…=) Thanks for the tips Daniel. When i will get better with photoshop i will try to sell my files. Check your e-mail box.

3135 posts
+4 more
Daniel_R says

Awesome story Filips! Thanks for sharing…

Sent you an email, Daniel….

1556 posts AEdorde.com - After Effects Projects
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+8 more
dorde says

Daniel, I was trying to make something for graphicriver in after effects, but after hours of playing in after effects I realize that result will be better if I continue to make animation, and project for videohive :)
Sometimes Im playing in photoshop with styles, colors, shapes… and at the end I made after effects project.
Sometimes Im just listening the music, and believe or not, when I see the music, I start after effects to make project :)
I just love AE :)

by
by
by
by
by
by