34 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
beardedFish says

Hello.

I am getting ready to start putting some items to test the waters of selling templates and have a question:

Is using code from tutorials (let say a script for a content slider or a script for a PNG fix) allowed when selling items? If no then how do you get around this? Obviously writing your own PNG fix would not be fun. Just get permission from that scripts author?

I emailed support and received a kinda fuzzy response. The FAQ seems to focus more on image, video and audio than code. Any advice/experience would be most appreciated!

Cheers, Bret

60 posts
  • Bolivia
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
Slimmity says

as long as the plugin/script license lets you use the item for commercial purposes its alright, most of the templates here use someone Else’s scripts. You also have to specify the author in the submit form.

1026 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • United States
fillerspace says

It should be easy enough to find a free, open-source (MIT/GPL/GNU/BSD, etc) script that does what you learned in the tutorial. They’ll come with a copy of the license (usually license.txt or in a comment in the code) that you just have to include with your theme.

34 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
beardedFish says

Great, thanks for taking the time to clarify my question!

Cheers, Bret

by
by
by
by
by
by