I’m working on a new WordPress theme and right now I’m working on footer. I know there are many themes that using
dynamic_sidebar() and widgetizing using custom widgets.
I have another idea… which is I define a custom post type for footer so I do that and can setup footer layouts as many as I want and also since I’m using visual composer page builder I’m not limited in contents.
- I can have whatever rows and columns I want. In example 1/3, 2/3 in a row and 1/4 – 1/4 – 1/2 in another row
- I can put any content I want in columns and not limited to widget contents.
- I can define multiple footer layout and use them in different pages
What do you think, is this good or bad?
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.