103 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
ImadJomaa says

Hello,

Thanks for all the replies. My question isn’t regarding whether I can sell it incorporated with my work, my question rather lies in can my item that incorporates it be sold under the extended license, if so, how would that work for the item that was incorporated in my item.

Thanks, Imad Jomaa.
I got it what u Wanted to explain but u can’t sell the item only under the extended license the normal licence is must

That would be correct, but can my item that is incorporating another be sold under the extended license?

911 posts Never trust a ballerina with a moustache
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
Carmen says

@ImadJomaa this is a really great question and we are looking into it right now. We’ll reply back soon with a detailed answer for you!

103 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+1 more
ImadJomaa says

@ImadJomaa this is a really great question and we are looking into it right now. We’ll reply back soon with a detailed answer for you!

Thanks. Looking forward to the answer. :)

All the best, Imad Jomaa.

5360 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says

Sort of related, I used some VideoHive previews in my last file file and then realized that those previews themselves had used AudioJungle previews. So I did some research and credited both. Just something to keep in mind since we’ve been talking about preview usage recently.

2127 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Graphic-Studio says

Sounds like your Buyer (Buyer of item A + Item B = Item C) would be required to buy BOTH EXTENDED LICENSES .

One for ITEM A , ONE FOR ITEM C (Which would include Your Item B Extended License).

So, you would need to disclose that another Extended License (The one for Item A) is Required if Buying Item C under Extended License.

Your item would include the Extended license for items B and C but not the underlying item A.

911 posts Never trust a ballerina with a moustache
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
Carmen says

I believe crediting other creators is an important part of using other peoples items in your previews!

1432 posts Determined to give you nothing but the best!
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+8 more
mrcharlesbrown says

I believe crediting other creators is an important part of using other peoples items in your previews!

Yeah! Drives a good number of people to the creator’s profile and also increases his/her sales.

4335 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+10 more
Reaper-Media says

Until we get an official response, it doesn’t look like it will be possible, because it would be unfair on the original author having their item resold to resellers and not getting a cut of each sale. An alternative however, if it is really necessary for you to include this item, is to cut a deal with the original author or item A so that he gets commission from each of your sales of item B? ... which I believe is allowed! :-)

5360 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
+9 more
CodingJack says

I think the safest thing is to just avoid offering extended licenses for products that include other people’s work. But this is another reason why having the ability to set extended licensing per product would come in handy ;)

300 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+6 more
Art101 says

@Reaper-Media
I have another opinion: some categories sell its extended licence for 15-50X of its normal price so I think it’s fair enough to item’s A author. and If someone takes the risk of purchasing and extended licence of A while he is not sure how item B will do on sales then he should to have its full profit.

by
by
by
by
by
by