291 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • United Kingdom
uaesthetics says

Has anyone ever used Adwords? I want to get my site ranked higher on Google but I never done it and cannot really find any good tutorials that describes how it works – Can anyone guide me?

Thanks

220 posts
  • France
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
corsonr says

Hi,

AdWords is a really efficient tool, but it’s expensive and time consuming. I’ve been dealing with many campaigns on many targeted countries and using multilanguage for about 10 000€ / month. If the work is well done you’ll get trafic.

You have to keep in mind a few things:
  • you have to work on your campaigns at least 1 hour a day
  • you have to work really hard on negative keywords
  • the aim is not “a lot of trafic”
  • the aim is “qualified trafic” (ROI: Return On Investment)
  • never ever forget to target your market (hours of display, countries, languages, days…)
  • be the 1st on the main yellow box (at top of page) or fourth (top of left column)
  • every letter of every word should be capitalized (ex: This is My Title)
  • target pages must be clean, simple and in a commercial style (speed loading too)
  • don’t think that your homepage is the best target page (it may be the worst)
  • connect Analytics to AdWords, work on you bounce rate (target between 30% and 40%)

these are some of the basics rules you have to keep in mind. What you can/should do is the buy a very good book about AdWords because it’s much more complex than it seems to be!

But just for your information with 10 000€/month we earned 80 000€/month, so that really worth it!

291 posts
  • United Kingdom
uaesthetics says

Corson what type of business do you have where you invested so much every month?

For me, my business is a watch website and just to make it more recognized on Google, with some specific words we want to purchase

Can you purchase outright words on Google?

220 posts
  • France
  • Exclusive Author
corsonr says

I was doing that for a network of translation agencies. We were doing “high quality human translation”, that means that for example we wanted to target big companies and we didn’t want to be listed when someone was looking for “Shakira songs lyrics”. Someone taping this in google is obviously someone that won’t pay for a translation. So “Shakira” was a negative keyword for us (as “Justing Bieber” !).

I think this is the most important thing to take into account while working with AdWords: negative keywords. Buying keywords is nice, but being invisible for non targeted audience is an important point, if you don’t do that properly your money will burn very quickly and you won’t be visible when you should be.

Honestly buy a good book, before doing anything with AdWords, otherwise you’ll loose time and money. Once you understand the tricky part, you’ll start doing good stuff!

291 posts
  • United Kingdom
uaesthetics says

Ok well I think I have no where near a budget per month as you did/do ;p

Mine is for a Watch Website – and there are specific words that I want to push, usually they are names of categories of watch’s – for example there is one word I want to try and highlight or capture which is “KHAKI”

That’s a name I use for the “Category” of like 10 different watch’s

In total there are maybe like around 20 words I’d like to focus on

-

I see you are saying focus on the word’s I don’t want associated with my website watch’s – is that what you mean right?

-

Can you guide me how to start or give me a good link to take some beginner information from how to begin? I don’t want to outsource to an agency and would prefer to do it in-house

Thanks a lot bro for all your explanations :)

220 posts
  • France
  • Exclusive Author
corsonr says

I’ve been invited a few times by Google to the “Google Academy” and i learnt a lot during these trainings, and now my company is making part of “Google Engage” program so if you need help let me know!

If you want to do it by yourself, i recommend you the book simply called “Google Adwords” by Campus Press.

With this book you’ll master AdWords within a few days/weeks!

291 posts
  • United Kingdom
uaesthetics says

Thanks one more time for all your help, I’ve just sent you an email :)

220 posts
  • France
  • Exclusive Author
corsonr says

Replied!

by