102 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
withemes says

Hi.

I have a question. Sometimes, I see some authors use images from Behance for their demo site (for example: OneTouch theme of Crumina). I found nothing about license on Behance. Is it ok to do so? How to use images from Behance legally?

Anyone knows, please help me. :)

356 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Malaysia
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
billyf says

Perhaps the author has already contacted the original owner of those images in Behance. I am also using images from Behance (which are already licensed under CC) but I did send an email to the author prior to using those in my theme’s live preview.

Still, I think it is best to get the owner’s permission directly rather than relying on the licenses, unless those licenses are clearly permissive of any usage of the images (including modifications, redistribution etc). I think they would be happy to see how others are using their work too.

102 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
withemes says

Perhaps the author has already contacted the original owner of those images in Behance. I am also using images from Behance (which are already licensed under CC) but I did send an email to the author prior to using those in my theme’s live preview. Still, I think it is best to get the owner’s permission directly rather than relying on the licenses, unless those licenses are clearly permissive of any usage of the images (including modifications, redistribution etc). I think they would be happy to see how others are using their work too.

Thanks for your fast reply and your useful info, billyf. :) I’ll follow your suggestion. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by