1702 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
dnp_theme says

I am curious what Themeforest authors know about, but I’m amazed with the free plugins of the Jetpack.

Check it out and let me know what you think. I also need to know if we can include them partly into our themes or via TGM activation.

http://jetpack.me/
280 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
PrimaThemes says

The downside is, you need active WordPress.com account to activate all JetPack modules. I believe some buyer do not like this process.

So, if you want to include it on your TF themes using TGM, you can use either JetPack or Slim JetPack http://wordpress.org/plugins/slimjetpack/ Using Slim Jetpack means your buyer do not need WordPress.com account to run it.

1702 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
dnp_theme says

Thanks for your reply.

80 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
eriktailor says

Personally i find jetpack annoying with those unwanted automatic features so the first thing i do after a wp installion is to get rid of it.

291 posts mekshq.com
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in a magazine
+5 more
meks says

From our experience so far, two most used Jetpack modules are Comments and Newsletter. I think you don’t need to include them into your theme nor via TGM. Just add some nice stylings for it inside the theme and show some example of using it somewhere on your demo website and people who use it will know what to do ;) We did similar thing for contact form 7 plugin.

194 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
GraphiTivity says

no doubt JP is great plugin but it has many side effects to all the good things it brings

1. WP.com signup and activation 2. conflict with 3rd party plugins 3. WP total cache and other performance plugins usually minify js files and jetpack wont work properly

if you are going to use it as it is without extra tweaks to your WP site then it’s great!

by
by
by
by
by
by