• 7 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 3
  • Author Level 6
  • Blog Interview
+9 more
Hein
says

is this allowed?, not sure about it.

PS: i mean when i create a contest on one of my blogs, am i allowed to give away a theme that belongs to me.

146 posts
  • 6 Years of Membership
  • Collector Level 3
  • Exclusive Author
says

some themes are showcased in some css galleries out there, so its good to get some feedback and probably some more clients and buyers. if this contest requieres you to give a way a theme of you for free its not allowed. you can ask the support what changes are needed to give it away for free…

there was a free theme on smashingmagazine long time ago and the author made some minor changes, like the admin options or the usability ( some features were deleted so its still exclusive if you buy the fullversion on themeforest )

839 posts
  • Power Elite Author
  • Winner
  • Top Monthly Author
  • Trendsetter
+10 more
wpbakery
says

Or you can simply purchase manually the number of licenses you will give away. If you’ll give away 3 times one theme, then buy it from yourself 3 times. But user that will win copy of your template should be aware of the single use license.

537 posts
  • 7 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 3
  • Author Level 6
  • Blog Interview
+9 more
Hein
says

Thanks guys, appriciate your comments but i’ll wait for some of the staff members to give some clarity about this.

62 posts
  • Collector Level 1
  • Exclusive Author
  • 5 Years of Membership
  • United Kingdom
bthanki
says

My advice would be to submit a support ticket if you are looking for a staff response. ;)

2722 posts
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • 6 Years of Membership
  • Mo Bro
  • Exclusive Author
+8 more
DanielKeller
says
Or you can simply purchase manually the number of licenses you will give away. If you’ll give away 3 times one theme, then buy it from yourself 3 times.

I would like to see you buying your own files, I bet you can’t buy anything from yourself :D

1182 posts
  • 6 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 1
  • Collector Level 2
  • Exclusive Author
campolar
says

I’d like to see a staff’s reply on this aswell :)

2541 posts
  • Affiliate Level 2
  • Author Level 2
  • Collector Level 3
  • United States
+9 more
CreatingDrew
says

You’ll need to get in touch with Jeffrey with all the details of the contest, he’ll give it the final yes or no. :)

Edit – If you’ve sent a support ticket in we’ll forward it along when we receive it.

537 posts
  • 7 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 3
  • Author Level 6
  • Blog Interview
+9 more
Hein
says
You’ll need to get in touch with Jeffrey with all the details of the contest, he’ll give it the final yes or no. :) Edit – If you’ve sent a support ticket in we’ll forward it along when we receive it.

Thanks Drew ;), I’ve just submitted a ticket.

2541 posts
  • Affiliate Level 2
  • Author Level 2
  • Collector Level 3
  • United States
+9 more
CreatingDrew
says
You’ll need to get in touch with Jeffrey with all the details of the contest, he’ll give it the final yes or no. :) Edit – If you’ve sent a support ticket in we’ll forward it along when we receive it.
Thanks Drew ;), I’ve just submitted a ticket.

Thanks Hein, I’ll keep an eye out for it :)

by
by
by
by
by
by