• Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Serbia
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
rvision_ says

As stated in the envato notes (http://notes.envato.com/authors/using-photodune-images-in-your-marketplace-files/):

Q. Can I take a watermarked PhotoDune preview image and use it in my marketplace file preview?

As long as you get permission from the author first, yes. If you DO get permission and you end up using the watermarked image in your preview file, you must credit the PhotoDune photographer/author in your marketplace item description. You may not use/redistribute the preview images in your main file(s).

So, PhotoDune authors – if you want some additional exposure through themeforest theme previews – just say so ;)

1478 posts The right tools with none of the gimmicks
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
+1 more
PixelBin says
rvision_ said
As stated in the envato notes (http://notes.envato.com/authors/using-photodune-images-in-your-marketplace-files/):

Q. Can I take a watermarked PhotoDune preview image and use it in my marketplace file preview?

As long as you get permission from the author first, yes. If you DO get permission and you end up using the watermarked image in your preview file, you must credit the PhotoDune photographer/author in your marketplace item description. You may not use/redistribute the preview images in your main file(s).

So, PhotoDune authors – if you want some additional exposure through themeforest theme previews – just say so ;)

Why not just support them and buy the image for $1-2 (because you really don’t need a bigger sized image for a site preview)? Not to mention your work will look awful with watermarks. It’ll look like you stole the images and make anyone unfamiliar with PhotoDune think you are unprofessional and perhaps not purchase.

2087 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Serbia
+1 more
urbazon says

I don’t have many photos at PhotoDune (yet :P ), but if anyone would like to use them (watermarked) in previews at ThemeForest (or any other Envato marketplace), you have my permission ;)

7 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • United States
onyx808 says

This is interesting, what if you put a link to the purchase images on the theme readme file? I think it would be a fair trade…

988 posts It's in the pipeline!
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
+2 more
purethemes says

it’s even better that just for 10$-15$ you can buy photo with extended license, which means you can use it as a part of template. I wonder what guys like Yuri Arcus think about it, 15$ compared to 200$ and more on other microstocks is like it’s almost for free.

by
by
by
by
by
by