127 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Norway
Veuse says

Quick question: When including a premium codecanyon plugin in themes, are you allowed to modify the plugin?

Let’s say I wan to use a slider-plugin, like Layerslider or Revolution, can I then remove or add features to it, and include it in the theme, or do I need to include it as a separate plugin?

Thanks, Veuse

167 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
Decneo says

Hi, Veuse. The best way you should contact plugin’s Author and asking them to be sure for you.

Cheers, Decneo

366 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • New Zealand
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
PixelStores says

Hi,

I believe you would need to purchase the Extended License and ask permission from the author.

You may license, sub-license, sell, resell or re-distribute the Work or offer to do any of these things (together referred to as Resale) in the following circumstances:

iii. you use the Work alone as a Limited Re-Purposing, but only if: (‘A’) you first obtain the permission of the author of the Work; and (‘B’) the Resale of the second work is only made on an Envato marketplace. A Limited Re-Purposing means that you use the Work alone and modify it for Re-sale as a tool, template, or stock item, or with source files.

Cheers

5313 posts The Dude Abides
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+5 more
CodingJack says

.. and ask permission from the author.

This is explained here:

http://notes.envato.com/general/extended-license-changes-part-1/

in #3 of this section:

“If I purchase an extended license of an item, can I include it in a project that I will sell?”

Translation: Turning a jQuery plugin and turn it into a WP plugin requires permission, including a jQuery plugin in a WP theme does not.

On a side note, it would be great if TF authors were asked to use a minified version of the plugin’s script in their theme’s preview.

by
by
by
by
by
by