• Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
+13 more
scottwills Staff says

So i have one question now, if we use one mock-up for example free distributed on the internet we still have to make 20% changes before use it?

Hello chitic_flori! Could you tell me where you are getting the “20%” from in relation to mockups? The only reference to “20%” that I know of is in these guidelines and it pertains to creating icon packs and selling them on GraphicRiver which must contain 20% of your own, original icons – see page 2 here and again on page 10.

2519 posts Marketplace Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • United States
+13 more
scottwills Staff says

Still confused! So not on a slider for example on the actual template as part of the design?

Sorry, I’m not sure I understand what you’re saying, Jo. Do you have a screenshot of a specific example we could take a look at, please? Thanks in advance. :)

5 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • Ukraine
amberija says

If i make project for videohive. Can i use social icons in my project? For example one of the authors project: http://videohive.net/item/3d-social-icons-package/5915840?WT.ac=solid_search_item&WT.seg_1=solid_search_item&WT.z_author=CandyMustache
Hi Amberija! Yes, this kind of use/project IS permitted. See Exception #7 and note how the icons are appropriately integrated, in context, into the item’s design.

Thank you, but can you explain detailed what means integrated in design? (To avoid ambiguity among reviewers what IS integrated and what’s NOT)

36 posts Yann Signs09
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
signs09 says

The PDF help guide seems to be clear at the first sight. Thank You

89 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • United Kingdom
ikonome says

Can you clarify the following for us:

Social media icon sets can be used (1) in an icon pack which include at least 20% of your own original icons…

It looks like some of the top selling icon packs on GR are 100% social media icons. Does it mean you can create a social media icon set with its own graphical treatment or effect and this is then OK to sell on Graphic River? or does this rule only apply to new items?

1 post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
Themecop says

That’s was helpful. (y)

76 posts
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Germany
chitic_florin says

So i have one question now, if we use one mock-up for example free distributed on the internet we still have to make 20% changes before use it?
Hello chitic_flori! Could you tell me where you are getting the “20%” from in relation to mockups? The only reference to “20%” that I know of is in these guidelines and it pertains to creating icon packs and selling them on GraphicRiver which must contain 20% of your own, original icons – see page 2 here and again on page 10.
Yes i understabd now, thank you for the info.

My regards

897 posts Community Officer
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Australia
  • Community Ambassador
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
Carmen Staff says

So, if I’ve understood, we can use in an image slider a smartphone to show that our theme is responsive (“image used to illustrate compatibility with the real world product”). But, we can’t use an identificable smartphone (iPhone for example). Or only “trademark” smartphones?

I’m not quite sure what you mean when you say only “trademark” smartphones but you can use a real-world product in line with Exception #5 in the article. Otherwise you’ll need to read Exception #6 that deals with using logos in the preview of your item (which is either a slider or contains a slider).

2263 posts Bird is the word..
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
jonathan01 says

When purchasing items from our Marketplaces, they are subject to the licence terms which state that you can not buy an item and then use it in another template. Aside from the licence issues, using real-world products in your item download on GraphicRiver are only allowed in the product mock-up category as per Exception #4 in the article and use in your item previews is under Exception #5 i.e. used to show compatibility or to demonstrate how your item works.

Hey Scott – thanks for the reply I look forward to the follow-up answer for the rest of my questions when you get clarification.

Your answer has confused me somehow or maybe I wasn’t clear on my original question – with regard to using assets purchased on GraphicRiver for my live preview display – I do not include the items in the download, but rather use them for their intended purpose which is I bought a license, used the image in my 1 and only live preview – file not distributed. Therefore isn’t that the regular license terms and something we are allowed to do – your answer made me think I now cannot do this – if that’s the case what will people use all those mockups for :)

Don’t get me wrong, I’m fully behind all these clarifications and proper use of properly licensed images – so here’s another for you, what if I create an iPhone (for example) image myself, graphically, like they do and sell on Graphic River, and simply give it away with my landing page / theme etc – as it’s mine, and my interpretation of a device that would surely get me out of the copyright loop here as long as the image isn’t an exact replica of say an iPhone.

Basically, I just want to be able to create specific landing pages for display and sale of applications and services that will show an image of the intended device for the application / service to work on – which as previously mentioned is allowed under Apple’s own terms and conditions (with specific rules). I just want a clear definition of how I can do this legally – that’s either Apples images, my own representations, or a graphic river item bought and displayed only in my live preview.

Thanks

Jonathan

If I could get a clear answer to the above that seems to of been missed I would greatly appreciate some clarity please – many thanks

Jonathan

897 posts Community Officer
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Australia
  • Community Ambassador
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
Carmen Staff says

Hi Jonathan,

In your question you are demonstrating how your item might work when implemented by a buyer. For this instance you can use images of real-world products, but only in your preview. See Exception #5 in this article that explains a few more details about what we’re talking about. Does this answer the question for you? Let me know if I can clarify further. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by