741 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
+7 more
josweb says

Still confused! So not on a slider for example on the actual template as part of the design?
Sorry, I’m not sure I understand what you’re saying, Jo. Do you have a screenshot of a specific example we could take a look at, please? Thanks in advance. :)

Sorry! What I mean is, say for example I use Slider Revolution and show an image of an iMac?
Previously I had been given permission by the creator of the device’s image to include it in the download…
Question: Can I no longer put devices on a slider and/or include then n the download?

Also, sometimes I show a gallery displaying different devices. Buyers of the template can then go to the relevant site such as Mock-u-Phone and then create their own to add.
Question:Is this no longer allowed?

When you say allowed in the ‘preview’, do you mean online demo or the item description’s preview picture?

2195 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+13 more
mpc says

Hi, I am not sure about the ecommerce templates can we use product photos from the producer site? Because I see that many templates use photos from Nike website or something like that is that OK ?

911 posts Never trust a ballerina with a moustache
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
Carmen says

Hi mpc,

We’ll be responding to your question shortly, just letting everyone else know that as it’s the holiday season we’ll be taking a little longer to respond to any queries over the Christmas/New Year period. If you have any urgent concerns you can put a ticket into support. :)

9 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Located in Australia
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+4 more
Peter_Tsipas Envato team says

Hi, I am not sure about the ecommerce templates can we use product photos from the producer site? Because I see that many templates use photos from Nike website or something like that is that OK ?

Hi mpc,

You can only use a real world product if it follows Exception 1 – incidental use; Exception 2 – not identifiable to a particular manufacturer or Exception 5 – only in previews to show compatibility or implementation. See more details here.

Cheers and happy holidays!!! Peter

194 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
GraphiTivity says

As seen on Notes

We’re soft launching some clarifications in regards to using products and trademarks on the Marketplaces. We believe that these clarifications will help our community meet the IP obligations we have to not only one another, but also to other people’s intellectual property rights.

Please read through the Notes post and feel free to ask any questions you may have here.

We’re keen to hear what you think, and where appropriate we’ll refine our approach. You may think of some details when looking through the clarifications, and may want to share with us from your day-to-day creative activities on our Marketplaces. We’ll make sure we stop in to this thread daily to address any questions.

Guy’s you think a video recording of a skype group call would be a lot easier for others to understand as many of the questions related to the topic will come up if a few people get involved?

9 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Located in Australia
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+4 more
Peter_Tsipas Envato team says

Hey Everyone,

Please head over to the KnowledgeBase article here if you have any further unanswered questions.

We’ll be launching these guidelines very soon and will let you all know via Notes.

Cheers Peter

by
by
by
by
by
by