35 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
zachlebar says

Hi all,

I’m a big fan of the sIFR technology, and was wondering whether or not including sIFR files and utilizing them in the design would present any legal/copyright issues.

I’m really not sure, as while the person can’t extract the font from the .swf file( at least I think no one can ), but they can use the file throughout the site. I don’t know if that would be stepping on any toes or not, and figured I should ask before I start designing with sIFR in mind, then having to redesign after the fact because it infringes on copyright.

thanks for the help,

zach

31 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Located in Australia Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
XenonDesign says

Hi, Here is a similar post from another user: http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/sifr-font-licensing/8849

I would say that you wouldn’t be able to use the font, embedded or not, unless you have the right/license to. Free fonts are the way to go but always check the licensing for them.

35 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
zachlebar says

wow…do i look stupid. shoulda checked the forums before posting. duh!

thanks XenonDesign – i appreciate the link

by
by
by
by
by
by