181 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Turkey
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
gokhan214 says

Yeap! I will always do that to my files. Maybe I want to update it later on, and add a custom video player or a music player, what then? I must re-arrange all elements all items to match HTML5 new guidelines?

HTML5 does not support rel=”bla” for colorbox for example, but html4 does. What then, validate all errors, fix this, fix that, fix this, fix that. No. I declare it HTML5 and code around it from the beginning, then, if someone uses it or I update it, it’s easier for me and the buyer! :);) This is a very good point and reason why everyone should code directly to HTML5 :)

But this is just my humble author opinion! :)

very well said and explained, i am doing the same with my works

181 posts
  • Located in Turkey
gokhan214 says

plus ?if we call it html4 and if you have an html5 template by thinking it is an html4 template, how would you know that you could simply add html5 elements in it? and if you say that you can see it yourself and add html5 elements in it as you can see it ll fit, doesnt that say that you see and agree that its a html5 template? or does it just mean that your being smart? opening 2 tags as < video ></ video > isnt the work being done here, i d like to remind you that people pay most of the money for the psd work

5357 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says

A good way to look at this from a different perspective would be to create a Flash template built entirely with Actionscript 2 code, then load the whole thing into a blank Actionscript 3 container and call your template “AS3”.

181 posts
  • Located in Turkey
gokhan214 says

A good way to look at this from a different perspective would be to create a Flash template built entirely with Actionscript 2 code, then load the whole thing into a blank Actionscript 3 container and call your template “AS3”.

totally different than each other

1479 posts The right tools with none of the gimmicks
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
PixelBin says

totally different than each other

+1

+9 more
CodingJack says

^ not really, because by wrapping an AS2 template in an AS3 container, technically it could mean that the template is “AS3 compatible”. And that’s the argument right? Using the HTML5 doctype to make the template “HTML5 compatible”? Thing is, this sort of thing wouldn’t fly with Flash buyers, so I don’t know why it would for TF customers.

To be honest this subject doesn’t bother me much but I think transparency with customers is an important topic.

1479 posts The right tools with none of the gimmicks
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
PixelBin says

^ not really, because by wrapping an AS2 template in an AS3 container, technically it could mean that the template is “AS3 compatible”. And that’s the argument right? Using the HTML5 doctype to make the template “HTML5 compatible”? Thing is, this sort of thing wouldn’t fly with Flash buyers, so I don’t know why it would for TF customers.

I don’t know what it’s like over at ActiveDen, but I know that people here are complaining about a non-issue. You can look at the source code for as long as you like and see how much HTML5 there really is. Why the hell does it matter anyway? It’s going to render the same way anyway but at least there is a slight possibility that there are some HTML5 elements, and that when the buyer opts to include that fancy new video tag, it works.

Honestly, this is just meaningless non-sense. It’s not like the code is hidden. You know exactly what you are buying, especially when it concerns HTML . Sure, sticking a big fat “HTML5” sign on the title is a bit much (although certainly deserves to go on the list of “features” in the description), different people choose to market their items differently. No one is stopping you from doing the same.

254 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
PabloFierro says

What a non-sense complain this is, if THE DOCTYPE IS HTML5 , then IT IS HTML5 , end of the story fellows.

It’s up to you to use aside, article, etc…

If HTML5 would absolutely REQUIRE you to use these new tags, and only these tags, then there would be something wrong with marketing the item as html5, but that’s not the case.

+9 more
CodingJack says

Whether one thinks the topic is valid or not, the fact is that there have been about 10 threads opened about it so it’s obviously raised a few eyebrows.

The best solution might be to add an “html5 doctype” to the list of features toward the right side of the page (next to “file types included”, etc.). Because this is the most logical place for this type of information. Then reviewers can be asked to consider the word “html5” in the title more. Because it’s not about whether your product is “technically” html5 or not. It’s about keeping customers happy.

1176 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Smartik says

HTML4 or HTML5 does not matter. If you use HTML5 doctype, tags (like: nav, header, footer, section etc.) you can name your template as HTML5 . But if author use only doctype declaration, it must to indicate this in his item description and not in title.

For example I use div tag inside of section. This make my work easier.

Regards.

by
by
by
by
by
by