• Australia
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
+7 more
jremick Staff says
It’s not because you take the credit but the client can be frustrated to see similar design on another website without knowing that his website is based on a template.

Yup. Several clients I’ve had have a limited budget and don’t understand why a unique design is so much more expensive. I tell them we can buy something from ThemeForest and they LOVE the price and the quality. Then I explain to them that more people on the web will have that template than just them. Pretty much all of the clients just say, “It’s a big world, nobody will notice.” :-)

Unfortunately I haven’t had the opportunity to purchase any themes/templates for clients for quite awhile. :-( There are some templates I might be purchasing for personal sites soon though! Some really great work being done here.

456 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
godonholiday says

Right so as long as you are up front and tell the client you use templates and you are a customiser and not a designer or developer in the case of WP themes it should be cool.

I am also wondering if anyone out there uses themes for all their clients? and if so how do you advertise your services?

Thanks again :) (Learning a lot)

by
by
by
by
by
by