11 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
mesalaam says

Hi Yesterday in a Answer and Question site I saw sth strange the discussion was about this topic that is it right to use premium themes without paying for them?! some of reasons was about the GPL license and they say as the themes are under the GPL license we can download it from sites that present it as free , make some changes and sell it to other costumers !!! and even some others says this themes free presenting has some benefits for themes authors and they are not upset if we use their theme for free is it wright ? why or why not ?! thanks a lot :)

279 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
PrimaThemes says

If you talk about themes from ThemeForest, then you need to read this, http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/428

11 posts
mesalaam says

If you talk about themes from ThemeForest, then you need to read this, http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/428
thanks for your replu but could you say me as an author is there any benefits for you if some people use your theme as free ?!!!!! some one told me some authors exhibit their themes as free in some sites and when other people go to that site for downloading the author earn money per click is it possible ?
356 posts
  • Slovakia
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Exclusive Author
LubosVolovar says

Making a theme which can be accepted on ThemeForest is often VERY time consuming experience. It can easily take few months of life, so trust me, NO AUTHOR is happy when his premium themes are downloaded for free from warez sites.

1397 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
Bedros says

thanks for your replu but could you say me as an author is there any benefits for you if some people use your theme as free ?!!!!!

Hi Mesalaam,

Let’s just think about it for a moment.
You have a family to feed. Worked so hard over several months for that wonderful WordPress Theme, HTML Template or what so ever with hopes of some income, which also has no guarantees when it comes to stockMarkets, it can sell well , or not (and I know the issue is all about WordPress Themes, but it doesn’t matter). Your bills will be waiting for you anyway.You solved many design problems, development problems over and over again. You even wasted days to built a wonderful help file including videos and step by step instructions for total WordPress newbies. There are fellow hardWorking authors who build help files for weeks (Yes there are).

And then, you hear the word..: FREE…
How would you feel, Mesalaam?

356 posts
  • Slovakia
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Exclusive Author
LubosVolovar says

Well said Bedros, very well said!

158 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
greenshady says

You’re welcome to use any of my themes for free. Build on them. Resell them. Whatever you want as long as you follow the license (GPL) and pass on those same freedoms.

11 posts
mesalaam says

Thanks a lot

by
by
by
by
by
by