42 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Located in India
Ameh says

I am Sure no one is allowed to use a Tutorial content(online) to create a new tutorial at Tutsplus Marketplace , but i am not sure that are we all allowed to use a tutorial content as a part of a page element , for example a hover effect or a home Page Slider or similar stuff within a site template on Themeforest ? If any one can make it more clearer please Reply…

556 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
kriskorn says

If you are not 100% copying and pasting from the tutorial, but making it unique to your theme/template, then I see no flaws here.

2638 posts Community Team
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+18 more
contrastblack Envato team says

Derivative work is generally accepted based on the number of improvements brought to the original concept, and if possible, the amount of clear differentiation from that initial direction. Technically you can very well base your design on something you’ve learned from a Tutorial, as long as the end product doesn’t resemble the tutorials end-result.

Hope this helps. Should you have the need for a more in-depth reply or more specifics, please drop support a line, and I’m sure someone could help you out further.

http://support.envato.com

Cheers

42 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Located in India
Ameh says

Derivative work is generally accepted based on the number of improvements brought to the original concept, and if possible, the amount of clear differentiation from that initial direction. Technically you can very well base your design on something you’ve learned from a Tutorial, as long as the end product doesn’t resemble the tutorials end-result.

Hope this helps. Should you have the need for a more in-depth reply or more specifics, please drop support a line, and I’m sure someone could help you out further.

http://support.envato.com Cheers

Thanks a Ton … @Support

by
by
by
by
by
by