42 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • India
Ameh says

I am Sure no one is allowed to use a Tutorial content(online) to create a new tutorial at Tutsplus Marketplace , but i am not sure that are we all allowed to use a tutorial content as a part of a page element , for example a hover effect or a home Page Slider or similar stuff within a site template on Themeforest ? If any one can make it more clearer please Reply…

507 posts
  • Estonia
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
kriskorn says

If you are not 100% copying and pasting from the tutorial, but making it unique to your theme/template, then I see no flaws here.

2288 posts Community Team
  • Envato Staff
  • Community Ambassador
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Won a Competition
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
+13 more
contrastblack Staff says

Derivative work is generally accepted based on the number of improvements brought to the original concept, and if possible, the amount of clear differentiation from that initial direction. Technically you can very well base your design on something you’ve learned from a Tutorial, as long as the end product doesn’t resemble the tutorials end-result.

Hope this helps. Should you have the need for a more in-depth reply or more specifics, please drop support a line, and I’m sure someone could help you out further.

http://support.envato.com

Cheers

42 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • India
Ameh says

Derivative work is generally accepted based on the number of improvements brought to the original concept, and if possible, the amount of clear differentiation from that initial direction. Technically you can very well base your design on something you’ve learned from a Tutorial, as long as the end product doesn’t resemble the tutorials end-result.

Hope this helps. Should you have the need for a more in-depth reply or more specifics, please drop support a line, and I’m sure someone could help you out further.

http://support.envato.com Cheers

Thanks a Ton … @Support

by
by
by
by
by
by